Monday 1 July 2024

Gelypostcard -july Challence with Ceri The Crafter. Number 1 Postcard

 Hahha...I can hear you, you'll never do it Lyn, well I know, but the fact is, I want to. So, what am I on about?  Ceri The Crafter is doing a Post Card a day for the whole of July...using GelPlate/s. 

   

Go ahead and Google, #Gelypostcardplay and you should find loads of video's, as there's loads of people taking part. The link above has links to other Youtubers. So, yes... I've spent all day making a lovely painty mess! Most people took about five mimutes to do theirs!

I had that problem, with the paper sticking to the paint again, so have decided it works better with the lighter weight copy paper 80gsm and not the heavier weight I use to print my backing papers on. 

 I had paint, everywhere, even the floor had a dose of it! Yep, I dropped the bubblewrap on the floor and then trod on it. But in the end I managed to do, postcard number #1 (only another 30 to go...!)

I used some different shades of pink and red in metallic, dyna, and transparent acrylic, added patterns using stencils, which you can't really see. I covered some tissue paper that had some gold printed dragonflies on it, so that's where the idea came to use more dragonsflies. (Also covered the card with decopatch) I stamped the images on more of the geliplate painted sheets. One of them was embossed with gold and heatset. I also added a bit of random stamping with paint and vintage photo. Used a specimen diecut, also cut from more of the geliprinted paper, but this time I used some washi tape for the inside image, Then fixed that on with a 3D foam square. Finished off with a few labels and of course, the number One.  Phew! Even if I don't do anymore, I have a load of very colourful geliprinted papers that I didn't have before! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies