Tuesday 30 July 2024

#gelypostcardplay Card Number 30. If only we could fly!

  Morning! Well it was, it's afternoon now...the day is flying by! Here's my 30th postcard for Ceri The Crafters #gelypostcardplay July Challenge. Last card tomorrow. Did you know, that August used to have 31 days too, because the god of August didn't like the fact that the god of July had one more day than him... of course, I could've dreamt all that! Here's my postcard!
I'm quite chuffed with the way it's turned out! I don't know what Jack Bernard Cull (or
Bernard Jack) would think of me, giving him butterfly wings. Yes, that's a little boy wearing that lovely dress, related to hubby on his mother's side. We think he might be Lady Pam's Dad...
I wanted to use the golden dragonfly tissue paper, which was given to me wrapped round some flowers back in March, but leaving it as a white background didn't work and I didn't have enough pink brayered tissue left to cover a postcard, so! Out came the paints and the rollers, pushed back my breakfast and rolled out a
transparent Pinkish red, (Oddly, there's no name on the tube) Now, this tissue is great, coz if you roll over the back of it, the gold shows on the gelliplate. (I'm new to all this, still learning!) and it will lift up on your next pull, (or whatever it's called)
I'd already stamped a dragonfly onto a very pale pinkish (kissed with paint) card, you can just see him through the tissue. The golden dragonflies are already on the tissue. I then fussy-cut out great great cousin Jack (twice removed, probably) and added half the butterfly wing. (all butterflies, the bird and the music bit at the top are from Katy Sue) I die-cutted the 'butterfly plant' and put it into a flowerpot, added the number 30, which I did on my laptop, and then fixed on all the little tiny butterflies. I love the way the golden dragonflies shine as the light catches the card! That's it! Card number 30 done!!! Yay! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies