Saturday 24 October 2009

SophistiCat Challenge Card

Saw this lovely sketch over on the SophistiCat Challenge blog and thought, I have to do that and maybe it will help my Mojo return! I can't find it anywhere! Even going through my new papers didn't spark it off. In fact it made it worse, as I didn't want to cut into them and then make really rubbish cards! But, having said that, I did find some papers by PaperMania called Exquisite tucked away. Actually they'd fallen down the back of my shelving and would have been there forever if I hadn't dropped a load of brads all over the floor! Getting down on my hands and knees, with Frog the Cat helping to pick them up, I shone a torch into the darkness and there, still in its bag was the 6x6 packet of papers. Beats finding hairy spiders!!
I used my new Nestabilities 'Classic Scalloped Circles Large', my various sized Woodware punches for the flowers, and my new Martha Stewart punch for the leaves, using the same paper, plus some textured card from 'mat stack BRIGHTS' to give them a bit more body . The little image I got sometime ago from a forum swap. I decoupaged the image, as that was part of the challenge too and also paper pieced her clothing, then coloured the rest of her with ProMarkers and Copic pens and added Stickles Glitter. The 'curly' diecut detail inside and out, was done using a Cuttlebug die-cut and my BigShot. This has gone off to a forum buddy, very very late!! I hope she likes it. I must admit, I'm quite pleased with the out come!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I think your mojo may have returned ... woohoo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mojo looks ok to me! I know what you mean though! I had a mojo-less couple of weeks after my trip to harrogate when I was surrounded by loads of lovely stash. Great card, hun. Hope you feel bursting with mojo soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. Love all your little details. BTW when you're looking for your mojo see if you can find mine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a beautiful card Lyn ! you have done a great job there...good luck with the challenge X
    Ps. l hope the babes is doing well, he is absolutely gorgeous !x
    Hugs
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glasd to see the old mojo is our of hiding lol. Cute card, love the detailing on the inside
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the scalloped frames & the way you've done the inside too.

    thanks so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week.

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Lyn! Beautiful colors and details. Gorgeously!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello darlin so nice to see you back and the card is fabbydazzydizzy do its wonderful

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a gorgeous card....looks like your mojo is up and running again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,

    This is a great card and I'm sure your mojo is back. I lost mine for a few days to - must be my age - but I feel better now.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is great love those papers,and image too thanks for joining us at sophisticats this week hope to see you again love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is just beautiful...think you found your mojo hiding on the floor with that paper stack!!! TFS

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Lyn. Love the colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty card - lovely colours! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Lyn. The colours and textures are gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Lyn, obviously your mojo was hiding behind the shelves with the papers :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card hun. Thanks for joining us over at Sophisticats this week.

    Hugs
    Lisa.x
    DT Admin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - beautiful card Lyn - I don't think you've lost your mojo at all!! Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
    Lotsa hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well Lyn I would say your MOJO has come back full force, what a fab card. love your take on Lisa's sketch, thanks for joining us at Sophisticat this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This time it opened googlefiles.net... sooo freaking strange,

    I don't know how I ever missed this card! This is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes..it's like another search engine, but not one I want popping up. My Laptop's been running 'slow' since we got back...I thought it was jet-lagged!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies