Friday 13 August 2010

A Hedgehog Flower Shaker Card

I thought I'd make a shaker card, but this time, instead of just tiny beads, I punched out some tiny flowers to put inside the shaker window as well. (Note to self. Make sure the glue has dried before you shake the card)I've used Penny Black stamp, 'Hedgehog Bouquet', which I've only had a few weeks and this is the first time I've used it. Coloured the image with Promarker pens.
All the paper and the sentiment is Pink Petticoat Vintage Rose, very pretty, this is the first time I've used it too. I made the flowers using two Woodware punches and added some Stickles Glitter. The little heart?? First, I cleaned an empty glue tube, flatten it out, embossed it using a cuttlebug folder and cut out the heart shape with a Sizzix die-cut. (Run it through my BigShot. See WOYWW Post and before picture here) I still think it needs something else. A  little Stickeroo maybe?
Now then, I was very good and wrote down some challenges, which I had in mind when I made this card, one was to use something recycled and another was to use acetate. I had a little note book and everything, because I knew I'd lose a list, but of course I've mislaid the notebook, and forgotten the challenges. (Typical me)Meanwhile, (back at the ranch) I've been playing 'out the back' on blogger, where all the business goes on, and I had no idea there was a comment moderator thingiemejig, and there were a few comments waiting there to be published, they were comments made this month but on older posts. Now, I think I must have pressed a button somewhere, after I had all that Chinese spam, they always go back to old posts and add loads of comments. It takes an age to delete them, and what's the point, I can't read Chinese! But it's nice to know you can stop people commenting on old posts if you want to! (Update: I've now found the comment regulator for older post comments where you can delete with one tick!)
New Followers! (Yay!) which is always nice! Both out the back and in the dark. Ali Sherman, no link, but is that Craftywelshbit? If so, lovely cards over on CraftUPrint!! and Cindy W, who I know is a WOYWW fan. Cindy has a lovely blog with loads of yummy things for you to look at! So pop over to The Crafty Frugalista and have a look! That's it for now, back later with some challenges. Found my note book!! Thanks for stopping by.
Challenges
Creative Inspirations Challenge. -Recycle something (heart...it used to be a tube of glue!)
I love Promarkers.-#27-acetate
Crafty Cardmakers-#27 birthdays
Paper take weekly-something old something- new- something borrowed and something blue.
Old= Woodware Punches. New= Stamp and papers.
Nothing borrowed, Blue on the paper and inked around flowers.

Digi doodles- #20 flowers
Sweet stampin challenge - #38 pretty-in-pink
Your Next Stamp (fortnightly) - birthdays
Penny Black At All Sorts.-Glitter & Glitz
(Stickles Glitter and tiny glitter beads in shaker with flowers)

(with more glitter!)

29 comments:

  1. Lyn this card is absolutely Gorgeous the DP are beautiful and your hedgehog image is so cute flowers are amazing love it chum, hope you are well and have a great weekend
    Hugs
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah, its a gorgeous card, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lyn, love the flowers you've used. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea with the heart and using flowers. Never made a shaker myself!!...though this looks so good I might give it a try sometime!Annx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous Lynn and this is so pretty, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and what a great idea using the flowers inside the shaker. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Nice idea for a shaker.
    Thanks for entering my challenge at creative inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fab card, just had a good close up, so pretty and the detail is great , love your flowers.
    thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lyn, what a gorgeous card, love the shaker bit its very effective and the papers are fantastic. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Lyn this is absolutely superb the colours, flowers and image are so beautiful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, such lovely soft colours. I like the little flowers inside the shaker too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the flower embellies so much..so pretty. This card is stunning..!!!
    hugs, heaney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Spyder and a fab card for our challenge using acetate this week. Love your large flowers on the frame, as well as the ones so carefully punched out for the shaker. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful Lyn,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lyn

    A really loverly card, so much attention to deal.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Lyn

    gorgeous card, love the flowers in the shaker and outside too. Great idea with the heart.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin! Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just adorable Lyn, such a darling little image, love the paper and those flowers are so yummy.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is fabulous! I haven't made a shaker card before, and see them so rarely--what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a pretty shaker card and a nice idea to add the punched flowers inside it ,thanks for joining us for our challenge this week -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is just perfect, love the image, and the flowers are gorgeous
    Thanks for joining Penny Black @ ALLSORTS this month, good luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely card and the tiny flowers work so well in the shaker element of your card. Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great idea. Shaker card. Lovely coloring with that adorable image. Love the heart and flowers. Thanks for joining is at Creative Inspirations for this fortnight challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Love the flowers and I'm sure it's even more fabulous in person! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning shaker card, loving the glitz...x

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black @ Allsorts challenge this month hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card love the shaker element!

    Thanks for playing at PB@A this month

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. whata pretty card, so feminine and delicate. I love it

    thanks for glitzing it up for Penny Black @ Allsorts and the best of luck in the prize draw

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is really cute! Thank you so much for entering the Penny Black at Allsorts August challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies