Saturday 20 July 2024

#gelypostcardplay, Card Number 20-Just A Few Butterflies...

  Evening Crafty peoples! I'm late with my card number 20 for CeriTheCrafter's July challenge, #gelypostcardplay. And why am I  late? It was my printers fault, my new one, just wasn't having any today. All the bells and whistles were working, so I kept pressing print, and nothing happened, except two sheets of stuff all about the printer shot out. (????) So I turned it off and on a couple of times... all I wanted was the last bit of the wording for my card... 'Believe, wishes can come true', (I wished the flippin' printer would work!) Anyway, at last it did, so I nipped off to finish the card not thinking what the printer was up to... yep... it printed that sentence out, nine times!

This geli-printed postcard started life as a  wishi-washi blue that I'd stamped or pressed  a wooden shape of a butterfly into the paint. And because I still can't find the embossing folder I want to use for my 'Surf's Up' card, decided to play with this instead. 

 My Posca pens arrived today, Yay!! (Ceri's fault of course, I had to have more) Really quick service from Hobby Craft, more colours and different nib sizes. So I had a play with them to brighted that shaped butterfly up a bit. The butterflies  down the side are a  from a magazine; diecut from a paler wishi-washi bluey/pinky scrap. The leaves/branches in the corner are diecuts from more geli-printed paper.

I also had a diecut for the little catterpillar, but it was too small, so I drew that one. (on geli-paper) He's saying, 'I wish I could fly.' And of course, we all know one day his wish will come true. The very tiny butterflies disappearing into the blue are from Katy Sue.
I went around the edges in white and purple pens, plus a bit of Distress O
xide Tim Holtz Blueprint Sketch. And that's it! Look out for number 21 tomorrow. Maybe some keys? I was thinking along the lines of Catch 22 for number 22...(the novel) which was originally called Catch 18... (That's why writers need agents!) Thank you for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. A very nice card you created dear Spyder. Thanks for your kind visit to my blog.
    Have a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Violetta, you have a fabulous blog!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies