Tuesday 16 July 2024

#GelypostcardPlay number 16-It's All Gone Egyptian

 Good Morning all you Crafty Crazy people! Here's my number 16 postcard for #CeriTheCrafter's July Challenge! #GelypostcardPlay. Oh my giddy Aunt! I've had some fun with this one, seeing it's nothing like the beach scene, 'Surfs Up' that I had in my head and how it turned into this Egyptian postcard, I'll never know. The only thing they have in common, is sand!

This started off as a dirty browny-orangey pattern card that, once I realised I wasn't going to do a beach scene, was stamped several times with some Egyptian stamps. I think it's the fact that I was going through my boxes of stuff, which I'd starting haulding collecting, books and things for junk journaling and glue booking etc, when I came across a calligraphy book and another on how to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics, which I bought cheap as chips from a charity book shop some time ago. And that was it! Gone was the bluey seascape bit of geli-paint, swapped swiftly for the dirty looking brown and orange card, and even roughed up a bit more!

First of course, I had to find my Pharaoh stamp. For years, I had one stuck on my shelf all ready coloured with gel-pens-was he there today? No...gone walk-about! I found the stamp, and coloured him using my Promarkers. Cut out what you can see mosty from the calligraphy book...it even has The Book of The Dead! Didn't use that though! Wouldn't want someone trying to read it and bringing back Aunt Mauld!

I've typed all my sentences, using a Hyeroglyphics font called 'The Nile Song' (free to download, just google the name) if I remember rightly, I've typed, Dream, Believe, Memories, Timeless and Treasure, plus of course, the number 16. The little beetle and the number 16 were cut out of a wild flower book. I've also added some jute rope and a bee charm, smudged a bit of black and gold, here and there and added the Pharaoh and one of the 'pictures' on 3D foam.

Well, I think this one is my favourite one so far. Number 16 for #Ceri The Crafters #Gelypostcardplay! Maybe it'll be the beach one tomorrow! That's it from me! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies