Sunday 4 February 2024

Another New Beginnings and New Home Card.

   

I was determined to use only scrap papers for this! And I think I managed it! I loved making this card, even though it took ages! I couldn't decided what to put where, I just die-cutted everything out loads of times and played! I sent it off to Emma and Tom just after they moved. It was a 8x8 card with scalloped edges, but I cut them off so it's just a smidgen over 6x6 now. 

 First I covered the main card with some green patterened paper from my scraps, then made the topper with the cloud backing paper over some black card and some cutout  'hills' and  trees in green card stock, which I'm sure are Lawn Fawn, they were already cut out and in my scrap box. Then the green stripey paper was just the right size also from my 'scrap box' to stick where it could fill in the gap at the bottom.

 The cabin itself was all cut from scraps too and also recycled wrap-around card from tuna tins and chocolate moouse cartons! (I love that the insides are a nice caramely brown but I still added a bit of vintage ink. 

I think the black sentiments came from Tom Holtzs, I know I have some, and the bigger one I did on the laptop. I wanted to do a pop up house inside too but could I find where I'd put Sam Calcott's stamp and die set? No! I remember doing a Gingerbread House a few Christmas's ago. Later, it turned out, they were just above my head in a PaperSociety box, and there wasn't a die for the house just a template, so, most likely I wouldn't've done that if I found the box sooner. 

Anyway, the inside is just another green patterned paper, again, from my scraps. I'm sure I used a red teabag carton for the red hearts! I added Wink of Stella and some white gell pen... That's it for now, if I can find a few challenges that fit, I'll add them later! Have a great weekend! Thank you for stoppping by!

 Challenges

Cardsgalorechallenges  -Anythings goes

2 comments:

  1. Super card. Great use of DP and die-cuts. Thanks for playing at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful New Home card. You've created a fabulous scene with your scraps and die cuts.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies