Monday 28 March 2022

Happy Birthday Michael!

  Yes, it's my brother's birthday today... He was born five years after me so that makes me five years older than him.  I visited him today at his care home, after, of course I was tested negative for the C bug, where the carers were decorating a cake they had prepared for him.  Really nice! 

I made him a card...motorbikes and guitars, is what I came up with because he used to ride motor bikes and played in a band. I used the Twist and Pop design, mainly because I thought I could do that quickly, but I got the mechanism wrong, luckily it all turned out okay in the end. I used a Kenny K digi. This one I bought years back in March 2013, and later made a card for hubby using the same digi. See post below, it's my this weeks 'Blast From The Past.' (Shoulda waited for the June, coz it was free then! I've also seen it on CraftsUprint as an already coloured 3D)

 Anyway! Back to this card... it's just under 6"x6" I've used a 3D tri-boss embossing folder, covered it with 'Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gliding Polish', then just cut round it and fixed it onto another piece of black card at odd angles, then roughed up the edges with the same gold. I added the main topper, which was made up of red, gold, black, embossed gold miri card, more black and then the digi, printed on 160gsm paper and coloured with Promarkers. I added some brass coloured brads too.
Not very happy with the inside as I had an idea of adding more cogs and gadgets, maybe balloons, and bits of the bike too, but I was running out of time after redoing the mechanism. (I really think that could've been bigger) The inside backing paper I love. I have the 12x12 and the 8x8 (200gsm) it's called Grand Plans with the TrimCraft lable on the back. (2017) So! lesson learnt! Don't wait till the last minute to make a card! That's it for now! Thank you for stopping by! Hoping to add this to some... 

 Challenges

Avenue613-march-2022-anything -goes

Pennys Paper challenges-Anything Goes

fabnfunkychallenges-hand coloured image

mixitupchallenge.-anything-goes/optional fancy fold

5 comments:

  1. Lyn your birthday card for your brother is wonderful. Thanks for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guy card. I am sure your brother loved it. Have a good day. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful card. Your brother must have loved it. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous Masculine card.  Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create ,DT Coordinator
    613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
    chasingthedream, My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies