Monday 28 March 2022

Blast From The Past!

 Every Monday I'm going to (or try to!) add a card, or creation that I made waaay back, as I've noticed a lot of my pictures from years ago have disappeared. So...here we go with something from either the 1st of the month, first time I'd used or done something or... made on a Monday or made in the same month as now! This card was posted 12th June 2013. Not sure what this fold is called, if anyone knows, please let me know!

 Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Birthday Darling Hubby, John!

Well, he is my rock, only far better than a rock. (he does the cooking!) He was up so early this morning he didn't have time to open any of his cards... never mind, he'll be too busy to sneak in here and peek! This is the card I made him. Both of us had motorbikes and we used to have a motor-bike shop.
When the girls  were babies, we lived over it, but the need for a garden and smell of engine oil drifting up into all the rooms soon made us jump onto the mortgage boat, and buy our own little home, with a tiny garden and a little later to where we are now. No more bikes, but John's only got to sniff the sight of one, and I know he misses them!
 Back to the card. KennyK image. (Yes I bought this one back in March BUT It's now the June Freebie HERE! left sidebar when you get there) First I was going to do that acetate thing I did with the seahorses, but it didn't quite work out, (Flip the digi and then stick the two together, and print it out on acetate too, and then fix that together ~but I forgot to put a cord/thread through the middle to attach it to the card~ so did this version of a sort of gate fold instead, but not. 
It's a bit top heavy as it's an 8x8 card, with a 5 and a half x 5 and a half  card used as the topper (Why isn't there a half sign on the keyboard?) so I've added acetate to the bottom of the smaller card topper to help stabilise it.
We used to go and watch bike scrambling, (more skilful!) not Dirt Bike racing, but never mind!
I couldn't think of what papers to use, so didn't! Just black, yellow and red card, and a bit of embossing, and die cutting (only my old Bigshot wasted loads of scraps of card, by not cutting! Grrrr)  One of the inside embossing was made using a freebie folder, which came in this months Simply Cards and Papercraft, which also came with some stamps too! 
Of course I've coloured up with ProMarkers (with the tiny tip addition...the metal tip ones work far better, the others didn't work at all, but Letraset kindly send me replacements awhile back!) Did hunt the internet for a coloured picture of this, to give me some idea of what was what, but could only find a very small one, in mostly grey, so, went with yellow and red instead.
There's a little D attachment, to the side of the top card, which I bought in a gardening store, 3p each, can't be bad! and the 'manly' cord ribbon came off a bosh carrier bag! 
Freebie Fonts: I've used Cool Dots and Smarty Pants BTN  there's the link to download, or just google the names. That's it I think! Happy Birthday John, see you later! Hope to add this to same...
Challenges
Kennykskraftykrew-Father's day (*WINNER)
613 Avenue Create - anything goes/celebrations
 Fab n funky challenges-birthday.
Pin and tack -anything goes
Challenges4everybody-anything-goes.
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Created with love-anything goes
 Simon says stamps challenge-transport.
Anything goes - for the boys
Crafts 4 Eternity - for the boys
Cards for men-boys will be boys
Milk Coffee - Father's day

Kaboodledoodles-for your favourite guy
Ladybugcrafts-for the men in your life.
 City Crafter.All About Him
The kraft journal-just for him
 The artistic stamper creative team-makes for men
 Get inky challenge.-creations for boys and/or men
 Crafty Sentiments-card/project for male (*Top Three)
Sister Act - anything goes
Inspire me fridays-anything goes
Digidarlas-fancy-folds or no square cards
 Alphabet challenge blog- i is for Image
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Great masculine card Lyn. I'm pretty sure this is called a Joy Fold card. I've made something similar following a tutorial from Beccy's Place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A joy Fold card, thank you Suze, I thought it might be a 'double opening'...card.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies