Tuesday 5 March 2024

T for Tuesday...and Blogger being Terrible!!

  HeLlo TuesDay PeOples. And welcome to  T stands for Tuesday! Well, it is nearly tea time here, although I usually make myself a cooked meal, some call that, dinner...And because it's Tuesday it's  time to visit Elizabeth and BleuBeard over on AlteredBooklover where, apparently, it's very spicey! My boring breakfast wasn't so boring this morning, after being told months ago that I shouldn't have bacon very often (which I didn't) even though I cut off any fat and grilled it~still coudn't have it...(Meanies) Anyway, I found out, I can have bacon... so I'm having Bacon, with melted cheese and microwaved tomates in a white bread sandwich...no wheat and seeds and nuttie bread this time, oh lordy no, good old 'white' bread... I haven't had that for sooo long, I could cry. Instead, I took  picture  BUT!! Yes, there's always a BUT!!! Blogger's playing silly bummers, and it's doing that different 'thing' to add pictures again... where there's a cloud and you have to 'drag the picture or upload it, which doesn't work and keeps coming up as 'ERROR' all the time! 

  But! Another but!! If I find 'photos'  on my lap top, it WILL upload them...but I haven't added anything in there in ages...the laptop appears to self-select some pictures to go in there and I have no idea how to put any new ones in...Anyway.... with any luck by the end of the day or this post, I WILL do it. Paste and copying doesn't work...it goes super  's-l-o-w-'  when loading... I mean, last time it was hours! And it was over a week before it went back to normal. 

 So....here's a picture from 'photos' on my laptop. Daughter and family came down on Friday and we had a fish and chip supper...only... umm it actually looked far better than this... this being in 'photos' from about five years ago... and was certainly a lot cheaper! 

One thing I know I'm not allowed to have and that's Coca-cola... original...I hate the diet stuff. But sis in law said to try this, fizzy, and no sugar! Kombucha- it's really nice too. I'm not keen on the ginger one though! And it's made of... black tea leaves, green tea leaves, hibiscus tea, plus lemon juice, blueberry, blackberry and strawberry flavourings. Well fancy That!

Sunday I joined family again and did a bit of shopping in the New Forest's Capital, Lyndhurst and this trunk/drawers design, which  looked like a pile of very large old books, caught my eye...the price? £295! never in a month of sunny sundays can I afford to buy that!(There's a super shop for cars in Lyndhurst that sells cars that cost more than my house!) Well, as you can see, I've found out how to save to 'photos' and load them to blogger, only I haven't worked out how to rejuice their size or add my Spyder's Corner to them yet. Never Mind. The world won't end...

 My bargain of the week was from a charity shop in Lyndhurst. An 'as new' ringbinder filled with new WH Smith's A4 punched pockets, for £1.50. I use a lot of these, and the pockets themselves are normanly twice as much as that, so I really got the ringbinder for nothing!

I'm actually covering the ringbinder at the moment with the biggest masterboard cover ever... It didn't really need to be covered as it was new, but I fancied using up some scraps... I'll show you that finished tomorrow or on WOYWW. I put some stickers on it.. .and it turned out, I'd put them on upside down! Should be easy enough to peel off!  And last but not least, can't go to Lyndhurst without visiting the crafty shop... Emerald Crafts.

No bargains this time, although the hillside/clouds die-set was down from 14.99 to £5.00! So, I spoes that was a kinda of bargain. (Temu prices on dies are spoiling me!) And I needed another Stamperia Magic Forest paper pad. Well, that has to be it... my phone has now decided that it's not going to help me spell things. Being dylexic I use my phone all the time to help with smelling, spelling! So, I'll say bye-bye for now and see you over  on Alteredbooklover! Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy how one day you can eat something, the next day you can't, and then you can again? I have to shake my head sometimes. I wonder why that book stack piece was so expensive. Or is it a piece of furniture? It would make sense that it is because it looks like one. And nice art supplies too. Sometimes you just have to get something even if its not a bargain. I hope you had a great T day Jan. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the 'five a day booklet' now and that tells me what I can do/eat! Even my wizzed up friut juice is okay! The book stack price, yes, I asked the owner, she loves it sooo much she might keep it for herself!

      Delete
  2. Nice luck — It’s always nice to find a bargain, especially if it’s something we wanted anyway!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lyn. It has been a while since I visited you. Glad to see you posting. You weren’t before, and then I didn’t post for a long time? So nice post. That drink sounds good to me. Happy tea day.- Sharon- Foxy stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Foxy Sharon, i was away while trying other things and then late 2022 hubby suddened and very unexpectedly passed away leaving me feeling like I'd lost my soul, been together for over 50 years. And then, me of small brain just forgot how to do things! Hopefully I'll be back on the right track...soon!

      Delete
  4. Oh, what could be better than bacon for breakfast - yum! I haven't had any for a while, we only tend to have it when people come to stay ...lol 😊. Your crafting goodies are fab, it's always great to find a bargain too. Thanks for visiting my blog, in answer to your question: - matte gel medium and Mod Podge are similar in that they are both adhesive/glue/sealant mediums, however a branded matte gel medium like Liquitex tends to of a higher quality so it's a stronger adhesive and it's a better sealant, making it easier to add other wet mediums over the top (and remove them) e.g. edging with ink and then smudging ink with your finger. You can buy both Mod Podge and gel medium as "matt" or "gloss", I prefer matt as it takes away any shine and makes pages more uniform as it's less noticeable than gloss, I've heard Mod Podge is thicker and brush marks can often be seen with the gloss one. Gesso is totally different and is not an alternative for matte gel medium. I tend to use "white" gesso which is a white primer used for priming canvas, you can also purchase clear gesso and black gesso. I find Gesso is useful for sealing surfaces making it easier to apply paints/inks/pastels to my pages, also gesso acts as a resist so when colour is added over the top of gesso it can be removed. Hope this helps. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. Will definitely add this answer to its own post, if you don't mind! Its a great help!

      Delete
  5. I love that you can now eat bacon, but I would never eat white bread. Your smoothie looks great, as does the Kombucha.

    Great deal on that binder. I have some rub-ons that got rubbed to the backing paper and are now no good. Lesson learned. Keep it separate.

    Thanks for sharing your breakfast, your drinks, and your new art supplies with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lyn.

    I got a "Failed to Publish," but will keep trying until it does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bacon but try not to eat it too often! Your breakfast looks delicious as do the fish and chips! I do love a bargain too! Belated Happy T Day,,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies