Sunday 14 February 2021

Happy Valentines Day To You All!

 

 It was about quarter to midnight on Saturday evening when I noticed the time and realised it was nearly Valentines day! So I stopped what I was doing, (trying to get a crafty thing-a-me-jig off a top shelf with a long shoe horn) and quickly went through my 6x6 papers, most of which are years old and some never even opened! This year, I have decided I must battle my fears and use up some of my older papers. I must be brave!  I am getting there! But I admit, I am a crafty hoarder! So, here's one 'quick' Valentine's card for hubby. 

I found some mostly red 6 x6 papers from a freebie pack from Quick Cards Made Easy from waaaaay back. On the front was Tattered Ted holding a heart, but he's  grey and blue and didn't really go with the papers so, I stamped out a ForeverFriends Heart bear six times instead; coloured him with Promarkers  and then chopped off verious bits of him... head... ears... legs... paws and then decoupaged him.  (It didn't hurt!)

 

I only had scraps of red mirror card, so opened some pinky-red-ish miri card from Hobby Craft. (Nice, different shades going from a misty pink to purple) added that to the blank card, added the paper, covered some of the card left from cutting up the front cover of the paper pack with matching paper, that in turn was fixed to the card after I added the ribbon and matching bow. Not very manly, so... out came the cogs and gears die cuts, which of course is very manly! I coloured the wooded word, love, with a Poppy Red Promarker. Then added the silver hearts (from The Works, those are quite new). The sentiment I did on the computer after hunting and not finding the stamp with the same words.

 

 Here's the inside, showing off Tattered Ted. He was cut from the cover of the paper pack and he's also standing on a strip of card from the front of the pack too. The die cut heart was in my bits left over from Christmas. Sorry about the pictures, still haven't got around to getting a day-light light for my lamp. The last thing I did was attach Forever Friend Bear to more miri card and fixed him in place with 3D stickers. No, there's more... the very last thing I did, was to cover the heart with Glossy Accents. Finished! Thank you for stopping by! Hoping to find some...

                                          Challenges

 

  I Lovepromarkers.blogspot- Any Thing Goes

Passion For Markers challenge -celebrations.

http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for I ♥promarkers
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is a gorgeous card! Love the decoupaged bear and that paper is fab - like you I'm also trying to use up my paper stash!! I love that you added the cogs to make it more manly - such a great idea!! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute, and way too good to be a rushed, last minute card! I love the gears and Teddy is just adorable! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card Lyn. I love the sweet FF image and your colouring is perfect. Great decoupaging too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Gorgeous card!!! I am running behind, as I've been meaning to catch up on all your posts. You have been a busy crafter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I bet your hubby loved his card. I sure do. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies