Saturday 1 June 2024

Sunny Saturday! Tom's belated Birthday Card!

 Happy 1st of June, another few weeks and the clocks will go back again. Winter is coming!!  I'm typing this in the conservatory. Not mine, as I haven't got one. It's nice and sunny, but not toooooo hot, yet, and I have two little dogs keeping me company. Outside, the bird feeder is going crazy with birds feasting on the food we've, me and the dogs, have just put out. 

 It was son-in-law's birthday a little while back, I did go to his birthday party the week before but didn't get to see him on his birthday as was busy, doing other things for other people.  Lesson learnt! Don't do other things for other people coz you'll just have a melt down. Which I did! Less said on that...back to Tom's Card!! 

As you can see, I've used the Lawnfawn Magic Iris diecut, which I bought from Craftstash, when there was a little bit off. (Plus 10%  for being a VIP)  Always wanted one, got one, and then didn't use it til now! Probably coz I thought I'd make a hash of it.

So, I made a 'practise' one first, cos there were a few swear words... but it was ok in the end! A lot easier than I thought it would be! As you can see, I've made one of my favourite cards. What I call,  'make up your mind' fun fold card. (As it's two cards, one opens one way and the other card opens the other way...) I Covered it in the muddest backing paper I could find, as Tom loves running marathons...including the big mud marathon, then added loads of cogs, wheels, and clocks, very simular to his 40th birthday card seen here (Oh! er...I nearly used that same blue clock backing paper!) There is a difference, the Magic Iris on the front.... open it up and there's the hidden 50th coloured (with Promarkers) sticker inside. 


The Back, showing pocket for birthday money

 The back holds a pocket with a little homemade envelope containing birthday money. Normally if there's a pressy there's no birthday money! (Well, you're only 50 once, aren't you!) Anyway, Tom liked his birthday pressy so much, he stripped off in the carpark where we all met up and put it on! (Shoulda taken a Picture!) There's more pictures of Toms fabulous birthday cake on a T for Tuesday Post, he didn't get his card then, because, basically... I hadn't finished it! and I forgot his pressy. (So many holes in my head, things just keep falling out!) Well, that's it from me. Hoping to find some challenges! Thank you for stopping by!!

lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com-Anything Goes

avenue613.-anything goes w-optional. Twist For The guys

5 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wheels and gears card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom did say, it was his favourite card so far! I explained the muddy paper and the wavy papers all had something to do with his running, swimming and the wheels, his cycling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies