Wednesday 17 January 2024

It's WOYWW Time Again....#763

Morning crafters! (of course, it's probably bedtime by the time I get to post this) What have you been up to this week so far? Joining in with Stamping Ground's Wednesday visits I hope. (I'm a bit slow on the visiting bit, sorry!) Moving my ikea gatefold table last week (very heavy!) into the wider part of the hall was a good idea, making more space to spread my crafty mess. I can honestly say, there's not a room in the house (including the attic) that hasn't got something crafty in it. (there's a magazine in the loo/bathroom) I feel quite proud!

Hall table

 I know my actual craft room looks like a dumping ground but now that everything in the middle of the room is movable and on wheels, I have a path to my laptop, and I can just wheel them out and have more space to craft.

Kitchen

 I am in the middle of finishing a Forever Friends 8x8 card (more on that when it's finish, but I've added the Promarker stripy paper I made, here as a freebie) but not in the craft room...on the ironing board in the living room. I'm making a birthday card for brother-in-law too. They've been away, enjoying the sun! Also been playing with a little gift card 'holder' diecut thingy and of course...drawing this weeks Wednesday freebie. It's going to be one of those tall ones, that starts off small...and opens up, tall...you'll see! 

      

 I painted over a 12x12 and added circles and used a stencil (not finished yet) I've also started a 'glue book'...Still really can't see the point for them only that they do calm me, if I'm having a melt down, which is still nearly everyday. When brother-in-law, saw my piles of stuff I'd been collecting for Junk Journals, Journals, filos, masterboards, glue books etc, he said...'No worries Lyn, when you go, we'll just get a gigantic skip and put it all in there!' I don't do sarcasm...I just don't get that either. Are they kidding or saying things they really mean? See, I'm the oldest in the family now...so it stands to reason, I'll be the next to go...

 Edwardian Lady
This has to be my bargain of the week, 'The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady.' bought in a charity shop for £1.99 and seen on ebay and else where, for an awfully lot more than that. It was Ceri the Crafter and Julie from Camelia Crafts Designs, that got me cutting up book pages to make Junk Journals. Trouble is, this one's so lovely, I don't think I'll ever want to!  

Okay, that's it for now, this has taken me all day! (I have been doing other things!) Hopefully I'll get round to visiting and finishing this weeks Wednesday Freebie...Have a really fabulous week Happy WOYWW!? Thankyou for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. maybe use your copy of the Edwardian lady as an altered book journal and add things to it instead of cutting it up. Good to see you - came back to make sure i'd not missed any desks. Take care. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rubbish at having more than one thing on the go, so a different 'project' in different rooms would cause me a melt down of where to go next! I don't think you're BIL was too far off, after all, if you're saving what others deem to be junk, then sticking it all in a skip would make sense to them! My dear friends husband always said to me that if she died first, I'd have a week to come and get all her stuff or he'd put it in a skip. I told him I'd wait for him to do that then I'd come and get the skip! The Country Diary is a lovely book...if you can't bring yourself to take it apart, how about adding to it in your arty way? Whatever you do, have fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your projects, the book was a bargain and I'm not sure I'd be able to cut it up either - I do cut books up but it's not something that sits easy with me!
    Hope you have a good week and Happy WOYWW,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could scan the pages and use the print outs in your journals rather than cutting up the book Lyn. Thanks for the visit. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nifty book - I feel like I might have one of them someplace - if not I saw it recently in the SCOPE shop where Darling Daughter volunteers. Funny, too, how often I paint over old ugly scrapbooking papers. I feel like I now only have nicer ones left. Whatever will I paint on now? LOL!
    Stay warm in allllllll your craft rooms :)
    Happy WOYWW Day+1!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so much going on. Great to have more space to craft and I used to have an actual diary of the Edwardian Lady, still have a bowl with daisies on too. I wouldn't wish to cut the book up either, but needs must..... Hugs BJ#14

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot of exciting things happening! All of your projects are lovely! Hope you really get that skip!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, WOYWW #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t bought one for a while, but my craft magazines are usually in the “loo”, my sudoku is there at the moment 🤣🤣. I love Edwardian Lady and have got as far as taking the pages out and using a few of the pages in junk journals. 1.99 was an excellent price! I often look for another one if I am in a charity shop. Hugs Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am late but had a fall on Tuesday (indoors not in the snow). Nine hours in A&E ,broken ribs and knee is split wide open. Now struggling to walk with a walker and in pain from both knee and ribs.
    Love how you have organised your room, sounds good that hyou have a clear area to craft.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I could cut that book up either. Makes a great idea book though. Hope you are doing well! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies