Wednesday 30 August 2023

What's On YOUR Worktop this Wednesday?!#743

 

  It's that time again...Wednesday, I missed last weeks WOYWW!? Pop over to Stamping Ground  and find out what others are up to-as I think I may be late for this weeks too! 

I'm still crafting out in the kitchen, but, on the good side, I'm back in my bedroom, apart from last weekend when Loki came to stay and he claimed the 'Red bedRoom' as his room years ago!  So I was back in there for one night...

It was  waaaay too early to get up, so we had a bit of a lie-in... but was still out by half six... (No wonder I'm worn out!)

 Now, back in the kitchen... I'd been quite busy. Last week I started, but still haven't finished this fold out 'pocket booklet' using Snome Time 2 12x12 papers. I bought the bumper pack from Craftstash as I had the first one from a couple of years ago, so thought I'd do a bit of a mix and match thingy. But it's soooo hard to cut into those all too cute papers. (I did get it a bit cheaper with the VIP 10% discount) I need to see if there's any YouTube tutorials, as I never know what to do with those pages that are divided up into strips of repeated pictures. Here's the 6x6 pack, I also got a stamp set, some 3D decoupage thingies, some artifical fairy lights, snowflakes and chipboard ephemera, which are quite cute.

That's not all. I bought some Stameria papers after visting The Craft Shop in Lyndhurst. They didn't have what I wanted but they did have 'Magic Forest'  papers (also found here, a tiny bit cheaper but there's probably postage to add) So after following a few different people's YouTube videos I stopped on  Julie's 'Camelia Crafts Designs' and she had a link to the paper pad I wanted, cheaper than Craft Stash!(so it pays to shop around, although, again, there maybe postage to add) I followed Julia's 'One Sheet Folio with Note Book' ~ very crazy and completely mad (in a nice way) at times, tutorial, got it wrong! (Don't I always! I have told you, I have a Brain called Brian haven't I?? Three strawberries short of a punnet)

 πŸ˜ŠAnyway! I got there in the end, it was really very easy, and so far, I've started making four folios- so I need more stuff!

 Here's the front covers of two of the folios... Because of the way you have to fold the papers, some of the pages are upside down, this is where I have used the stamps (from my stash) and some of the pictures cut out from the paperpad cover, to hide that.

On this page I've come up with my own idea to cover the upside papers  with a fold down flap covered with a forest poster (closed using velcro dots) so, that, when opened....

The Queen of the Elves is one long strip. To her left is a hidden top pocket and a side pocket.

This is the first filio's front cover...can you spot that the trees are upside down? Still need a bit more covering me thinks! Maybe use a bit of vellum.

This is the first page of folio 2, so I don't really want to cover it up!

And this first page of one of the others is upside down...but I don't think that shows too much. I've added the smaller griffin as a side tuck.


The Stag is hiding another side pocket and to his right is another upside down page. Not sure what I'm going to do on that one yet. I'm making a booklet to go in one of the other folios...and, if there's enough paper left, I'll do a waterfall page like I did when I used Tim Holtz papers  HERE (I've just realised these folios are the same idea, but a bit bigger, as I went wrong on that one too and had to cut it down so it would fold)

And last but not least, my find of the week in a Second Hand charity shop, Tattered Lace Alphabet Die-Cut set, for £1.50. Bargin!  That's it from me...pop over to Stamping Ground and see what everyone else has been up to! Happy WOYWW! Thank you for stopping by!

(ps, this weeks freebie should appear later today, but I really want to get on and do some geli printing!))

5 comments:

  1. sorry I am late, I forgot to go back to check for late desks before bed.. love your makes, working in the kitchen suits you! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooo lovely πŸ€— your post is overflowing with the most gorgeous inspiration πŸ₯°❤️⭐️πŸ₯° the folios are absolutely stunnnnning ,those papers,the fold out ... deeeeeelicious 😁🀩😍⭐️ loooove them I do!!!! Pure feast for the eyes 🀩 Sending lots of love and hugs Tracy #13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful crafting and lots going on. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just now realized you had linked. You have some incredibly lovely papers. I always have trouble cutting into paper and I admire those who have no trouble doing so. Happy belated WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness I am glad I popped back to see if you had posted on WOYWW! What a fun and rich post with so many interesting tidbits. Can't believe you are working on the kitchen table. Wow. Oh and do enjoy the Quirky people. I've been having fun with them :D

    just catching up...
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies