Tuesday 5 September 2023

Hello T for Tuesday....

 

 And It's another T For Tuesday! This week, I'm up to my neck in books, pussy cats, rabbits, dandiloin leaves and other such things. First, the other such things...But NO Tea!  Breakfast or should I say brunch, same old same, plus and I mean plus, a bacon, cheese and tomato (naughty white bread) sandwich.

 Then I must show you...books from the second hand book shop for 99p each... The Cuckoo Hill book, because of the hand written text, me thought, I could have some mixed media fun cutting and sticking with that! But....

....on opening it and having a read, it's a handwritten diary from waaaaay back mostly about the comings and goings of people and villages north of the New Forest (where I live,  in the south) Then 'The Story of Edith Holden' with a lot of her illustrations in it, seen below in colour.

And...seen in black and white above, 'The Complete Encyclopedia of Illustration' (copyright free)  filled with amazing pictures of everything you can think of... (sorry about the fat balls sneaking into the picture)

 Here's an over-head look at the books, plus a 5 ringed binder x2 brand new, I also found in a charity shop, which I'm going to add my geli prints to, when I have some! 

And then the Dyalog  covers. I really wanted to see these close up, and Ceri The Crafter was painting a blank one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twm0d0D3Eq4) on his youtube channel...(so after reading the comments and getting a link to the website where they were a little bit cheaper than normal at the moment)I bought two covers and one insert, the blank ones were out of stock. I think I'll try to make my own... I mean, if you're doing all this painting and inking etc you should make  have your own artwork on the covers, shouldn't you? (Yes Lyn) I liked the blue one best, (although, not the words) as it had metal bits inside holding the elastic, where the orange one just had knots.


And now the rabbits...I won't add them all...there's eight!

And I've been moving them from the cages inside  to their runs outside, twice a day...

 On two sad notes...the little puppy, Maisy that my daughter bought home for her  family last Thursday has had to be put to sleep at just nine weeks old, of course everyone is just in tears... and even more so for me...John has been gone now for a year this friday...I still can't believe he's never coming home.

John on his Ebike
This has been  my T for tuesday>>> link over at Altered Book lover...

8 comments:

  1. A lovely post especially the rabbits. I had a pet rabbit when I was a kids. The puppy is just too cute. John looks pretty content with his bike. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sandwich looks good to me, white bread and all. I had a rabbit as a child, but only the one. You sound like you have your hands full. I'm sorry to hear about the poor puppy. Death anniversaries can be hard {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children have had 7 rabbits over the years, they are so cute. So sorry about the puppy, it's heart breaking. John will always be in your memories and it is ok to shed a few tears. Thinking of you this week. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never cared for white bread, so I will pass on the sandwich.

    The books you got at the second hand store are amazing. I would have trouble cutting the images, though.

    How incredibly sad for that beautiful precious puppy. SO sad indeed. And the pain of losing John will never go away, Lyn, but over time, it will subside and the pain will be replaced with only beautiful and wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing your week with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me sad to hear about your losses. I wish you strength in your memories.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH no. What was wrong with that puppy? How sad. You found some super books. I love used bookstores, even more than new book stores. It looks like you had fun shopping. And other than white bread, your lunch looks yummy. I hope it was a great T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous find with the books - treasure even. I can see wonderful things in your future with them. The sandwich looks really yummy. Sorry about the puppy. Giant hugz as you approach the one year mark on losing John. I know it is horribly hard. Happy T-day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, a BLT, but I like the white bread toasted. Just a little bit of heaven. Looks like a fun trip to the bookstore. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies