Wednesday 27 September 2023

WOYW this WedNesdaY!? #747

 The little file folder journal

 I could do a whole months worth of pictures of sprawling crafty  mess stuff but I'd fear I'd send you all to sleep. But! Yes, it is  Wednesday! So, come  and join in at Stamping Ground and show us what you've  been up to??

  I've been crafting in the kitchen and on the ironing board in the living room again. The above top picture shows (not quite finished yet) a little file folder I made by following Ceri The Crafter over on You Tube and he linked Darlene's Creative Studio where he first saw it.  Ceri made his from old file folders, I didn't have any of them but I came across the type you hang in a filling cabinet, so I just cut off the metal hanging bits to make them the right size. 

 

 My take on the file folder is a little different as I covered it and wrapped it round to make inside pockets, added a belly band and then that little name plate was just hanging around on its own, so I glued it on some card, added brads, then fixed it to the front. But more on  that in another post; perhaps I'll try to film it on the egg box again!

The long shot picture above shows some of the tabs and small journal cards I've made from one of my 12x12 cover ups. (sticking loads of scraps over a paper you really don't like)  I really loved how it turned out and at first didn't want to cut it up. (Be brave and then make another one, sez me....so I did!) The 'JOY' is a dye-cut from this months Simply Cards and Paper Crafts. magazine and my little purple tissue covered box of dyes and stamps is slowly filling up! 

But I ran out of the pockets (don't moan!< from Temu) these ones came with magnets, I added the white for the stamps and put the dies on the back fixed to the magnet sheet. And as it sez on the back of the pockets....'Moving Panda make People Happy' and they certainly make me very happy!(those little tiger stamps and dies came from Craftstash)


Here's a close up of the tabs after cutting them out and adding some odd bits. Still adding more lables and words and other stuff. (yes, I know, one's upside down....that's going to bug me now!) That's it from me this week! At least I made it! Have a great WOYWW- thank you for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. Woooohhhwww, those tabs are wonderful! Such a lot of work to make them, awesome! Big hug from the Netherlands dear. Marit #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. That file folder is going to be awesome when it's finished, but those tabs are what made me smile and read each sentiment, even the one that is upside down! Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, love the long shot. I am not brave enough to take one of my desk . . .
    Love the tabs you've made
    Have a good week
    Christine #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re not the only one crafting on the ironing board this week, lol! I do like what you’ve been doing , those tags/labels are fantastic!
    Hugs LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you this week and early too !! Glad you're keeping busy. My day job keeps getting in the way . Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you this week and early too !! Glad you're keeping busy. My day job keeps getting in the way . Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came, I got so far and then it was off to YouTube 🤣🤣, but I came back! I had a look at both of them in my usual skippy fashion! I did like the little flaps. Love what you have done, do all these go into the pockets? Lovely to see you again. Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all those cards/tags - they have such a nice vintage feel to them! Lovely catching up with you - hope you've been well! xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take two! Not sure if my comment went through: Loving all those cards/tags - they have such a nice vintage feel to them! Lovely catching up with you - hope you've been well! xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn, started off okay this morning then got distracted by the garden! I love the tags and ATCs you've made. Wishing you both a happy and creative woyww.Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the file folder and those tabs are amazing Lyn. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tabs - very inspiring!! Sorry I'm late, just the way Wednesdays seem to go!! Have a good week Love n hugs Cindyxx #21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally loving all your dies (resist resist) must have another look at Ceri's channel as you file folder is super. love the belly band to hold it together too. Excellent use of 12x12 you don't like as well the tags are brill.

    Ended up having the first stage of root canal work today, lots of tears and shaking during the procedure but out the other side now. He's fitted me in next week for the 2nd part and then a wait to see how it goes before a crown can be fitted. His son will do that as I can't take impressions and his son uses the new scanner machine thingy. At least my tongue isn't being ripped to shreds anymore. Do get your teeth checked sweetie. Hugs BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've clearly been busy with some wonderful creative expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have mercy! You have been busy. Now I really want a lot more detail of the little file folder. I do so wish manila folders were easy to find here. The weight of them and the colour is so specific, nothing else really comes close. Show more please!

    Happy, so very late, WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (7)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies