Wednesday 16 August 2023

Happy What's On Your Worktop Wednesday! #741

 

Nothing really, I've put the ironing board away but Wow!! It's WOYWW #741!? It'll soon be time to start making swap ATC's again!  It's sunny here. I've been trying to clean the drive, weeds (and some flowers) have been trying to grow, and all the gaps between the bricks hold mossy bits. I have had  couple of goes, but now! I'm equipped! Full length waterproof leggings, wellies, long rainproof coat and googles! I had ago on Monday...and along with everything else, I got covered with clumps of sticky mud. Wish me luck! 

My crafting is a bit hit and miss this week. I keep trying things and they don't seem to work. At last I did get out my geli plates, which I bought, ages ago and followed Ceri The Crafter...link on last post, on one of his challenges he was in.  See my attempt above. (a bit crumpled as I sat on them) I chose near-enough the same colours. I only used my 'scrap paper', so, really didn't do too bad I spoes for my first go. The tissue wipe-ups were probably better!

First go too, at trying to make a 'zine', one tutorial made one making pockets. The other made one that you kept folded out. She numbered all the pages....So did I....but my numbers weren't anywhere where hers were... (So you'd know the front from the back and which way up they were supposed to be)

 Next go was, a journal made from a 12x12. (My last one wasn't too bad.... (a quick look at the waterfall card inside) but this one (Below) is sooooo easy, why do I keep getting the bit where you fold it all up and glue the two halves together to make a side pocket, wrong! Third try? Haven't opened it yet...meanwhile, The lady on Youtube has finished hers and is starting on another one....

Luckily, I didn't use the papers I want to use to make the journal, but some from The Works...(Christmas ones. I bet you guessed) This is the third try...the others are in the bin! 

Then after a long phone call with the bank, which wasn't too bad...and another one with the DVLA...which made me cry and cry (but luckily, they'ren't going to lock me up or fine me) both John's bikes are now SORN.... Anyway...after all that I was really in need of some happy mail...and a quick hopeful, but not expected, look in my mail box and there was a nice little crafty package. (Not going to tell you who from, cos some people will moan at me!)   I've been hunting for years to be able to put my small stamp sets....


....with dies, into neat little pockets, with magnets. I've now bought, quite a few, and these are just perfect.😊

So that's what I was still doing at 3.30 this morning! Now, to start on the bigger ones!! Happy WOYWW!? Have a great week....off to wash the drive.... I wonder if a snorkel will help!? Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Neat storage Lyn. Glad you finally managed to sort things out with the DVLA. Good luck with the pressure washing in the new outfit. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deep cleaning outside chores are non existent these days. I still mow the grass and spray for weeds but that is about it for me. I'm really looking forward to Fall so I can clean up and put away and spend Winter inside!
    Glenda #18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn, I'm late today as we've been to the fish farm this morning. I go through those stages where I don't seem to be able to complete anything but don't worry it will pass. Sending you hugs and wishes for a happy and creative woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done sorting out DVLA! hope you stay clean and dry doing the pressure washing... Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are funny about the drive, oh to actually HAVE a drive! I park in the road. I have a Gelli plate on my Christmas list but did watch a Ceri video on it. He is funny too with his OCD and all. I thought I was bad! Anyway, hope you survived the drive. Hugs BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so pleased that you managed to sort out the DVLA, they surely must know that things happen and then get forgotten or whatever. I’m glad you’re ok after that, crafting definitely helps.
    Hugs LLJ 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at your outfit to use your power washer. Yep, they are strong.

    Not sure what DVLA is, but I suspect it has to do with John's bikes not being licensed or similar.

    I hope you can finally get the zine dimensions worked out properly. If I recall, Teesha Moore did something similar once and showed how to make the page on her blog or web site.

    Those magnetic storage pockets look like they are going to work well. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dealing with aging-parent health issues yesterday so a bit late. Clever to make test versions till you know you got the process down right. I've made those 'zines before and once you do one, it's easy - it's getting it right the first time. Woo hoo to having the DVLA off your back and all sorted. But crikey, what you had to go thru...Also don't know sitting on papers - It might improve some of mine... :D :D

    Happy late WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (7)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we need a photo of you in that cleaning gear! My word you have been busy.
    Good to see you rewarded yourself with some crafting - and what a lot you did too. Great to make so many new things. Keep going.
    Hugs, Neet xx 3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies