Wednesday 2 August 2023

What's On Your Worktop Wednesday. #739

 Happy WOYWW! Yes I know...I'm still working on the ironing board...and in the kitchen. I did have to clear it all away as I had a little visitor, Stanley, he's a Tibetan, and wow...suddenly the bungalow looked twice as big! There was no crafty stuff anywhere!! None on the floor, nothing on the worktop in the kitchen, except kitchen things-well, my bedroom was still a bit full...but I'm using the spare 'red' bedroom at the moment, so that doesn't count! Above you can see what I've been upto after I'd finished covering the 12x12 and stamping anything about sewing all over it. (I think I went a bit OTT)

 I've been following Ceri The Crafter and others on Youtube for ages. He has many ideas of what to do with unloved 12x12's. Either cover them in paint, (see yesterdays post) or other strips of papers from smaller pads or even tea or coffee stained papers. I used a 6x6 'we are memories' pad on all about sewing, which I got sometime ago from the Crafty Charity Shop (Which has now sadly had to close!)

Here's Ceri's plan, although I did mine a bit different as I wanted a couple of ATC's to play with... this is what it turned out like after chopping it up!

  Tags, pockets, two atc's, side pockets, journal cards etc.


 I've also been cutting out some labels.They are supposed to be darker than that, but my printer is still having a hooley fit and the colour  is way off. Some of them I've mounted onto card (an ex cat box cover, I like the inside colour) No all of them, as I printed them out on to 250gsm card/paper, by mistake.
These were a download called Vintage Script 'n' Postcards They can be printed out bigger. My first batch were very small and printed out at A5 even though I set it to A4. So this batch I printed them at 120%. I've inked them in Aged Mahogany because they are a bit pinkish already because of my forty printer. (That's not a spelling mistake!)I've also have some of Tracy Fox's labels and Katy Sue's Butterflies. So that should keep me busy! Every one of the 10year anniversay Atc Swap over on Elizabeth and Bluebeard a few weeks back, had at least one butterfly on.
Can you spy the butterflies? I also want to add, that the pockets I made for those  ATC's came from an idea by Ceri The Crafter which you can find here!

I ended up make two, three, four, five and even seven pockets, and adding magnets and velcro dots too. These are sooo easy! Have to go now, I'm off to have coffee and a bun with one of my old doggy friends, Big George!! So, pop over to Stamping Ground and join in! Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. What you call OTT I call just right! It's lovely. I used to watch Ceri all the time, but I have to do it on about 2x speed, it just take too long to get to the meat of it ( I think I may share my son's ADD sometimes LOL!) I used to do the colour challenges he would set but got so wrapped up in ICADs everything else fell by the wayside. Might be time to drop in on him again...Your ATC pockets look fun too. I always enjoy my visits to you - so much to see!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some great ideas from Ceri for using up your unused stash, you’ve done some really lovely things there!
    HUgs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super result from the 12 x 12!! Love all those tags etc.
    Enjoy your meal
    Have a creative week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a great post. I must look out Ceri on you tube. Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you’ve gone and done it! I am watching YouTube instead of commenting 🤣🤣. Will have to go back to Ceri later! Great masterboard and resulting tags and cards. Is Big George the dog or the owner? 🤣. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh loving the way you have used that 12 x12 paper Lyn - what a brilliant selection of toppers and extras. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea wh Ceri is, must try and find him on Youtube. I love the design you've done and great to see how you've used it too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the finished result from Ceri. Never heard of him before, will have to look him up. Some of the pieces remind me of tall house shapes and I love them.
    Certainly you got some great ideas from watching him, i love the later pieces too, they are such pretty colours.
    Never mind the ironing, keep using the board for crafting.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see OTT at all, that's such a good way to use up the scrapbook paper, and the tags and cards you've cut are lovely. Indeed, everything is, even the story about the house being craft less for a minute or two, OOh err!
    Hope you've had a lovely day visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like enough for the next 10 years! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I meant to stop by earlier today, but life got in the way. As I think you know, I didn't play this week because I am hosting my own link party and didn't want to confuse anyone. See you next Tuesday, but first, LOVE those ATCs with all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sewing paper you've made and how you have made use of 12x12 papers and how to cut them up, my mind is awash with ideas. Thanks you. BJ#3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning!
    You have been busy and those pieces have turned out beautiful!
    I follow Ceri as well. I even featured him on my blog and YouTube channel earlier this year (June maybe?) Such a treat and so inspiring!
    Creative Blessings!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies