Wednesday 1 September 2021

Whats On your Worktop Wednesday!? #638 and 639

 I haven't a clue what's on your Worktop this week or last weeks for that matter as I still can't link to Stamping Ground, so this is a very late week #638 and a late week #639 all in one go!  As you can see there hasn't been much tidying up going on, just a lot of heaping up and pushing sideways, as I've been trying to make a birthday card or two and was a bit distracted with hospital visits (My younger brother Michael has cancer) and taking Mr Jinx to the vets. Last week he had xrays and more pills, blood tests etc. This week it's he's normal twice a year care jabs and apart for having his hair shaved off in a few places, now appears to be back to his old self! (this is Mr Jinx of course, not Michael!) 



 

I started the birthday card as seen in the picture above, but it wasn't working right so I changed it to the picture you see below



 



 
 This is more like the card I had pictured in my mind... but my moving gnome kept catching his arm in the tree. So I made the tree higher which meant pulling everything off and starting again. The second go, was looking better but the little gnome still kept getting stuck... I did another one with no trees, only bushes...and then gave up and decided to do something else something really simple, as I was running out of time! (By this time Hubby had gone and bought a birthday card!) I remembered a tutorial by Sam Calcott making a bendy 6x6 card and knowing I had the Gnome stamps and the papers (Creative Stamping #94 Garden Gnomes by Daisy Mae Design now sold out) decided on making that instead! The only difference is,  I added the butterflies to acetate. Here it is... on youtube.


Nothing like the card I had in my head.... And there it was, the poor little half finished card with my little drawn Gnome staring up at me and saying...'finish me off Lyn.' So I did! Here's both cards together.

This is the only picture I have with my little Gnome showing off. If you want to see him moving, try HERE now! 
, s

 Now...this is What's On My Worktop this week. Some goodies bought from a proper crafty place and the rest bought from a Charity Craft store. (the bits of paper were left over from last week)


And on the other side of my mess is folders. I have a thing about folders. These ones (£1 for five) have plastic hook over clips, which fit inside a lever arch file, so I'm adding my original digis to them, I can get quiet a few in each folder... and talking about digis, I will add a freebie before the day is out! 

More folders, with popper top openings and punchout holes so they too can fit into the lever arch files.  From Tesco. £2 for five (If you use your Tesco Card, £2.50 if not) especialy for 'the back to school' range and will disappear never to be seen unless you pay double or more from another well known stationary shop! 

 And one more picture from the middle of my mess....I took some pictures (loads actually) of my Tim Holtzs inks so that if I see them on offer, or a bit cheaper... I know what colour I need and will stop buying the colours I already have! Well, that's it for now... If some one would like to link me to Stamping Ground I'll love you forever... if not....I'll be tidying up! Oh! forgot, did we get to the Birthday Party on time? Was the card finished!? Yes....we turned up at the Hall, birthday cards and presents... a day early!! Hubby laughed.

14 comments:

  1. My word you have a lot going on at the moment. You always bring a smile to my face. Can't wait to see the card. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your gnome cards. They are adorable! I think the bendy card is so cute with the butterflies floating in the air around the gnome. You did a great job on both cards. Love all the crafty goodies you have. they look like a lot of fun. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a good tip about Tesco and the popper files, I never think to look in there! Love both the gnome cards, they made me smile. I have no idea why you can’t link up, there’s got to be some setting or security that’s causing the problem.
    Hugs LLJ 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, Lyn, you are busy. Loved seeing your desk with all the stuff, and a good idea to catalogue your Tim Holtz inks that way. Great enabling with the Tesco folders - must look out for those. Those polywallets make excellent stencil material and much cheaper than buying the dedicated stuff.

    Sorry to hear of your tech problems - I couldn't link with Julia a couple of weeks ago because Norton told me she was dangerous lol!! That's all sorted now, thank goodness. Hope your problem resolves itself soon.

    I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I do wish him well. As you know I am going through treatment for my second primary cancer at the moment and know all about how the treatments make you ill! You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

    I am glad to hear that Mr. Jinx is now on the mend. Let's hope these further investigations have got to the bottom of his problem, whatever it was.

    I love your card making. Sam Calcot is great, isn't she - I often watch her videos. Quite often I've experienced problems with interactive or moving cards - you have to experiment quite a lot to make sure nothing catches. They are so worth the effort, though.

    Thank you for your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed my various projects this week - it's been a very busy time lately and I just need plenty of time and energy now, to put some of the ideas into practice!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn. Thank you for the visit. I sort my stamps into birds; butterflies; flowers; Christmas; texture and steampunk; the sea; text and lastly animals! I also have a box file of red rubber stamps. Flowers and texture are my biggest sections.

    Love both your gnome cards x Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally managed to make it round to you this week - phew. Glad you commented to say you worked it out (or hubby did) so will look forward to seeing you next week too!Sorry about your brother - always so sad to hear about that diagnosis - and I'll bet your card cheered him up at least a bit. have a great craft week,

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (15)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lyn, I’m so’s sorry that you’re still having problems linking, are you with BT ? If so, it’s a tweak in your settings that’s needed, LLJ had to do it so will I’m sure, happily explain. I so admire your sticking power, that birthday card and the number of starts…you’re amazing. Both are lovely. Bet there was never a time in your life when you thought you’d be writing about your gnome getting his arm stuck in a tree! They feel turned out lovely, and even if you were ahem, early to the birthday, I hope the recipient loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like you have been busy! What an amazing cake and beautiful church. Love the background scene you created for your card. I am sorry to hear about your brother: prayers for him!
    Take care and give Mr. Jinx some pets for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your gnome cards. Hope your brother and your kitty improve, must check out tesco's back to school section again as I like the look of those folders. Last time I got some glue and pens. Happy WOYWW! Elle #11, EOTC

    ReplyDelete
  10. just came back to make sure I hadn't missed any desks! sorry you are still having trouble linking. the gnome cards look fabulous! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a different post but it ended up being funny (you being early). Sorry to hear about your brother and Mr Jinx, hope Mr J soon grows his hair back.
    Off now to look at this mischievous gnome.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how much you have going on at your desk!
    Nice cards and lovely stamps.
    A big MJAU to mr Jinx from Tarzan. "Sitting on the computer is great!" he says ...: D

    Have a nice weekend!
    Sussie nr 23

    ReplyDelete
  13. My, you have been busy! Sorry about your brother and hope Mr. Jinx gets his hair back soon. Love your cards!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol N #21

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those gnome scenes!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #7
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies