Tuesday 7 May 2024

Ta-Da! Happy Birthday Karen's Mum! 90th!

 Karen's mum was 90 on May The 4th. Unfortunatly, she isn't a StarWars fan, so the Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber wasn't such a good idea for a present, so, a selection of plain chocolates and a potted orchid was what I came up with instead. (Just as well, adult lightsabers are nearly £300!) Karen owns the cattery where Mr Jinx would go when we had a few days away. I wanted to make her mum a card and decided on my lastest die cut from Craftstash, the Ta-Da! Diorama card. I've always fancied making one of those. And now I realise how easy they are to make (well, there were a few swear words at the beginning) I think I can work out how to make a bigger one.
I xspec you're wondering why I chose dogs to go inside the card?
(not really) seeing Karen runs the cattery business from her home, well both Karen and her mum have been/are  dog breeders (Shitshoes) Shih Tzu. Here they are, all smiling at you! She used to have six!
Smiling at the camera
After I'd made the card, I fixed it to another card so I could have an inside to add my sentiment and Karen's mum's age too!

The card is really tiny, so there's not a lot of space inside to add the party of dogs I wanted, in fact I had to redo the front scene because I put two many dogs on that raised hillside, and the doors wouldn't close!

Most of the papers I used were from, 'First Edition Paper, Let's Celebrate,' although,  bits from different packs of Craft Consortium may've popped in there too. There's a sticker balloon and I've added tiny clouds to the back panel. The dogs are Lawn Fawn as is, the diecut to make the Ta-Da! Diorama card. Hope to add this to some Challenges later! Thank you for stopping by!

Challenges 

Unicornchallenge-98 for the girls (for Sylvia)

sweetstampinchallenge-Animals


2 comments:

  1. Aww Lynn! Your card is adorable!!! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the diorama card! and I'm sure she did too...I smiled when I read about the lightsaber, as I'm pretty sure, in my house, that would have come home along with the plant and the chocolates! have a good rest of your weekend - Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies