Wednesday 17 April 2024

It's WEDNESDAY! What's On Yours???#776

 Morning Crafty Peoples. It's a WOYWW day, again! Pop over to Stamping Ground and join in!! As you can see...still no luck at adding a new background to my blog! Never mind...To stop me thinking about it, and going in and probably deleting it all by mistake, (like I nearly did to my digi store) I thought I'd play with my smaller Gel Plate.    I'm waiting for some crafty goodies to arrive from Craft Stash, as they were having a sale, and seeing with the extra VIP discount it means the T Holzt inks I want/need, will be cheaper than where I normanly buy them, which is Emerald Crafts in Lyndhurst. Sadly they will be closing their doors at the end of the month after about 17-18 years! Where am I going to buy my large bottle of Collall glue from!? I was going to go up there this morning, but then I had a message that my package would be arriving in an hour (yeah ok) So I played with my paints...disaster!! The paper stuck to my gelplate... I took a picture of my mess, and even that came out blurry...Then!!! ding ding on my phone, (not on the front door) and my package had been delivered! Yay!
So, with my new goodies, I salvaged my mistake... and used my new inks and oxide inks over some stencils
(I had in my stash) and way hey! I think that will do for some ATC's.
My Craft Stash package contained TimHolzts inks and oxide, and a notch and corner punch, which was less than half price. But I think my baragain of the week, from a charity shop, was the 'as new' six hole puncher, for £3, seen in the left hand corner.  I've been looking for one of those for ages, so, a lucky find! Now, I'm off to Emerald Crafts for my last look before they've gone forever. Have a great WOYWW!? week. 'See' you all later! Thank you for stopping by.

Ps...I am going to do a freebie later! 

15 comments:

  1. Some great fun things to play with. I love thrift shop finds. And so many businesses here are also closing. Our mail is so long in going and coming...but I have to order on line it seems . Enjoy and good luck on that shopping sprea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the new goodies. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky find! I trawl the opshops regularly to see what I might pick up!
    But I have had two shops close recently that were my standby craft supply places. What a shame!
    Happy WOYWW! Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Crafty Carity shop closed at the end of last year, with a promise that they would reopen it as soon as they could get a shop....well, they did get another shop, but just filled it with second hand clothes.

      Delete
  4. I don't know Emerald crafts, it's such a shame when your favourite shops close. Hobbiliciouys has shut recently and their's no where like them for MDF projects, very sad, Have fun with the new goodies. Sending woyww hugs Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sadd, but Ollie the owner is off to do something else, so I wished him luck. Unforturnetly there wasn't really anything much left! No TM Holtz inks (which have always been cheeper there than anywhere, and no glues. But I did get some 'SnomeTime 2' backing papers,and two different sets of 3D decoupage to match what I already have.

      Delete
  5. I love that light blue paint I see in your last photo, I have some. But when I use it on my Gelli plate, my brayer just slides around. It's very viscous I think! Great luck finding the punch you wanted! Luckily, so far (knock on wood) I haven't had the disaster pull that you had. Was it using the blue paint? Have a great week, Lindart #18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no I don't think is was...it was just a spare bit of heavierweight paper and I don't thing I put enough paint on. Anyway! I've already made three ATC's out ofwhat I could save!

      Delete
  6. That's a shame about Emerald Crafts, I have a friend who moved to Poole who loves them! Great finds you struck, well done. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Sam Calcott mentioned them once...I always got my large bottle of Collall glue from them because they were over £5 cheaper than CraftStash

      Delete
  7. Why did the paper stick to the geli plate? Did you have to dunk it in water? It is so sad all the craft shops are closing, although with the cheap products from China they can’t compete. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I put enough paint on it to get a pull, so it stuck! But I have managed to make something out of the bits I had left!

      Delete
  8. Always sad to hear about a business closing. But it looks like you got a great haul. I do find any sort of coated paper, and especially photo paper, will stick to the gel plate. Woo hoo on the punch! Is it for a planner?
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a couple of 'planners' (from charity shops) with the six holes, and was finding a bother to get the holes in the right place, now it's easy peasy!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies