Tuesday 2 April 2024

Happy Gnomey B Day David!

 

   I was invited to a Birthday Party sometime back, which all happened this last Easter weekend, I wasn't sure I'd go, because y'know, not having John to go with but then, I thought, well, why not? Go! Pop in, say hi, pop out again. Ok! But first. You have to make a Birthday Card. (Of Course) I knew I wanted to make a kind of garden scene...and would use a fancy fun fold flip out card.. or whatever they're called (my favourites) with a gnome,  flowers, dogs, maybe cats, a chicken... couldn't find a chicken, even though I know I have one somewhere...

 

First of all I started off with the stamped image by  Woodware and coloured four of them with my ProMarkers so that I could later 3D the image. Then the rainbow looked a bit odd having grass at the bottom so I found my 'cloud' dies and used them at the bottom. Seeing David's small garden is divided into sections, veg, flowers, etc I added carrots. The dog is supposed to be Big George, who I used to walk a few times a week ages back. For the background behind the gnome and the clouds in front, I used different shades of blue Distress Oxide and also used the same mixture of blue ink on the topper plus some blue mirror card. 

Because my printer is still printing out blurred images, I hunted through my many folders of downloaded freebie papers from magazines and found these rainbow/cloud papers already printed out on good paper. I then made more 'grass' using different shades of green distress Oxide  and I also diecut out some 'grass'

Some of these are LawnFawn images. The wheel barrow, pots, watering can, some of the flowers, the little folk and trowel, come from Die-cutting Essentials magazine #113, the balloons, dog house, little dog and treats are LawnFawn. All are coloured with Promarkers.
The little garden sign I drew myself.
(I had a stamp, but it was pointing the other way) The Rainbow/cloud background paper, you can download for free from HERE (you may have to sign in) These papers  originally came with Paper Craft Inspiration Magazine #138 May 2015! Just to prove that the oldies are the besties!


On the back of the card, I've added a place to add your sentiments etc.

That's it from me! Hoping to add this to some challenges later! Thank you for stopping by!

Challenges

Tuesdaytaggers.blogspot-rainbow-colours

mixitupchallenge.-anything-goes-optional-fancy

cinspirations.-season-of-spring.

ilovepromarkers-anything goes or add button

4 comments:

  1. What a happy gnome- your card is spectacular with it's fabulous scene in the middle - whatva great idea. Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy gnome! This card is spectacular with it's fabulous scene in the middle! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful, colourful ,happy card. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely colourful card and a great fold too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies