Monday 15 November 2021

Happy Birthday Debs. Another Year Older! Plus Links to Freebies

 

Happy Birthday Debs! Hope you had a lovely 'day off'! Debs is my sis in law. Here's the card I gave her today along with a bottle of wine and a Pussy Cat by parastone. (and this one last year.  She likes cats...so??? why have I made her a card with an aeroplane on the front? Well, I don't really know, only, the last time we got together was at Bournemouth Airshow and I fancied having ago at Sam Calcott's MultiPanelPopupCard. Hmmm, I shoulda gone with cats or dogs! (Bother! Now I've an image in my head using a couple of the Snarky cats! watch this space!)

The Card. 7x5 card stretches out to be a lot longer.  The paper I've used of the multi Hot Air Balloons  on the inside, is from Crafter's Companion freebie  download of the month Aug 2017. 'Journey To The Sky' (might have to sign in)

The Airplane, Hot-air balloon, helicopter, houses, birds, banner, are from Tonic Studio Magazine Vol 14. Coloured with Promarkers. The Rainbow stamp and the Happy Birthday were from a freebie set from a mag from 2019. And the Rainbow/Cloud paper was a freebie from PaperCrafts Inspiration #138  (Kites and Hot Air Ballons) you may have to sign in there too. I printed all the papers out on 160/200/ and 260 gsm. 

Plenty of space on the back to write a sentiment.

What was a bit weird was none of the little stamps that came with the Tonic mag, fitted the banner, so I just wrote on it. I put Glossy Accents on that bottom plane, but decided just to add a Wink of Stella on everything else. Plus the die cut for the plane cut it into pieces, so I had to cut loads, and make three or four layers to get them nice and thick. 

I was trying to copy the card in the mag that shows three planes, which spin round on a wheel, but with just pictures and 'words'  that sounded like gobbledygook in my small brain, I made it a single plane spinner card instead.

The balloon had a stamp and a die with an outline die. It would've been better if the plane had had that too. Then... the planes were too small to hide the penny, so I cut out a cloud to fix the planes on to hide it.  (more than one plane on a spinner just crashed!)  Well, that's it! Will try and add some challenges later. Thanks for stopping by! Stay Safe!

Challenges 

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

 Happy Little Stamers-november anything goes with dies

paperbabestamps-anything goes-anything goes

 Pattiescreations-Anything goes (with Stamps or digital images)

5 comments:

  1. Your card is AMAZING! What a showpiece! Love the interactive feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lyn. I find Sam's tutorials really easy to follow but haven't tried this one yet. What a great idea to focus on memories of the last event that you were able to attend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card. Love the interactive components. Great paper choices too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special card you created for your sister-in-law! Loving the fabulous card fold and how fun is the interactive element on the front! I'm sure she loved it!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge, hope you'll join in again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies