Wednesday 10 November 2021

WHAT'S ON YOUR WORKTOP WEDNESDAY#649

 Yes, it's Wednesday WOYWW again YAY!...funny how it comes around once a week. Really sorry, I know I didn't get around to everyone last week, but that 'thing' that's blocking me from Julia's blog is being very mean!  Here's my bench at the moment! I got my paint box out. I love it. Never seen another one anywhere else like it. (Bought it in St Austel Cornwall years ago) I was just starting to paint the Ginger Bread men when I spied the dice I bought today (yesterday) from The Works 'specially for this game, which I made when I was 16/17! Yes! A hundred years ago! Nearly. You have to have two dice or if there's a few of you playing a dice each and one for the monster. My idea came from a pony game, called Chase Me Charley. Two teams start at each end of the gymhana arena...they start off (in pairs) both teams charging around the jumps, they meet in the middle, which could be fatel, and when the  teams jump their last jump, the next team goes... but of course there's no ponies in this as every one gets a little creature and starts at the beginning...but coming up from the other end is... The Monster! Who's called Charley and who you have to get away from! So, everytime the dice is thrown the monster moves too. Whoever is left standing is the winner. Debbie, my sil, (who was about 6 when I made it)wondered where it was a few months back and once the grandkiddies saw it, they loved playing. I've lost the money and the cards, but that doesn't matter! I can make some more!

 So the painting of the Gingerbread men got put on hold...I painted one in gold...

 And then added a bit of orange to the brown but still not ginger enough! And that's when I spotted the dice...

Close up of my boxes, it has a handle, and the lid fits both boxes. The mug has sheep on it! Makes a change!

Brother was moved again. Hospital, home, back to hospital, then Macmillian Cancer Care for a while and then, they moved him out because he wasn't ill enough! So, he's in a Care Home now. All part of the same unit but I have to have a 'test' before I can visit... hopefully tomorrow! (today) It's all fun and games! Well, that's it from me. I've only just linked, but I should see you soon! Nip over to Stamping Ground and join in!

25 comments:

  1. Your game is very cool, Lyn! You made it?! Wowzers, so talented even at that young age! Love your gingers - they are coming along nicely! Sorry to read about your brother being so ill and I hope you can visit him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, had my flow test and then after a bit of a wait I was allowed in to see him! Trouble is, I have to be tested everytime I go to see him, so I now have a 'Home Testing' kit!

      Delete
  2. That looks like an amazing game - clever you for inventing it - you ought to patent it. I love the paint box - what a fab idea - a good way of keeping all paints together as they are so bulky usually.
    Sorry to hear about your brother, hope you get to visit him today.
    Diana xx #18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All went well! Yes I will look into patent it, the game, as soon as I have remade all the things that got with it!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a fun board game. I take it the gingerbread men are not edible? I hope your brother is comfortable. Make the most of your visit xx zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time Me and hubby go past them, we say...wish they weren't clay! So, tomorrow I'm going to have a go at making real ones!

      Delete
  4. Lots of fun things going on your way. Games, gingerbread boys, but sending Best Wishes for your Brother, illness zaps us all and not fun, especially thru this covid part. Enjoy your time together and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in a lovely care home- like a 5 star hotel! I was really impressed!

      Delete
  5. Oh the game looks good, great dice pack to use with it. Reminds me of making a cardboard Backgammon set for my friend and I to play the game we'd seen on Blue Peter. Super box too. Just wondering if the gingerbread men are painted with edible paint or are they for decorative purposes or are they even gingerbread - confused.com here LOL. BJ#8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved making games. When I baby sat, I'd get each child to make up their own game but the pathways at the edges had to match the pathways on the other kiddies games. When they were all coloured and ready we stuck them together and would have a fab time playing everyones games!

      Delete
  6. What a cool game! Love that you use your crafting abilities for so many things! The gingerbread men are so cute! Prayers for your brother! (((HUGS!)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, in a way it's great that they've moved him into this Care Home, it's like a 5 star hotel!

      Delete
  7. Interesting game, clever you and the Gingerbread men are brilliant. Hope you have better news of your brother soon. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the game. I bet the grandkids truly enjoyed it. I like the gingerbread men. They are turning out right nicely. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwina! The grandkiddies get really noisey!

      Delete
  9. What a great game! Hope your test is OK so you can visit your brother xx take care happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All was well, only if I go again tomorrow, I have to take another test!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic game, such a clever idea! The gingerbread men are adorable too!
    Sending well wishes to your brother
    take care
    Ellie #26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Ellie, will call into your blog tomorrow, running late as usuall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great game Lyn - it looks so much fun. Hope you manage to visit your brother OK. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great game! How lovely that the children love playing it so many year later. Best wishes for your brother, Lindart #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoyed your visit with your brother, a hometest will be very covenient. What a great game! “Chase me” is my the favourite games for my dogs. One sits expectantly, perhaps nudging another and jumping back, till one of the others takes the bait! Angel #6

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun game, Lyn. So sorry about your brother...

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #10

    ReplyDelete
  16. The game sounds and looks amazing. I hope your visit with your brother went well. Happy WOYWW. Thank you for sharing. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies