Tuesday 23 November 2021

Craft Room Invasion- Niamh Makes a Card!

 

Grandkiddies invaded us over the weekend,after I'd just managed to 'tidy' by craft room, only to have it  back to its normal untidiness in a matter of seconds! 'I want to play with the monster Charley game' sez Oliver, 'Nanny where are the monsters?' 'Nanny I want to make a card! What's this do. What are these? Can I use this? ' sez Niamh turning the handle on the big shot...and then 'I like this little one Nanny!' she sez pointing to the little mini Gemini. 'I want to make a card with this.' and again from Oliver, 'Where's the monsters Nannie?'

In the end Oliver went off with the Chase Me Charley Board, seen in  WOYWW a little while back, after I'd found him the new monsters and the new dice. Then Niamh soon chose her papers after sorting through about a dozen boxes.
Niamh picked a midnight scene of a deer family from 'The Little Book of Foxy and Friends' by Hunkydory. Matted that on some purple mat mirror card and then onto a 5x7 white card. Then added a Happy Birthday sentiment.
  
The inside came from PaperCraft Essentials #198 'Fairy Wishes Foiled Collection' papers, (there's also a fairy freebie download, you may have to sign in first) and added a black silhouette diecut from the same paper pack. After she found the diecut she wanted (made easy as I sorted a lot out a few weeks ago) she used the BigShot to cut it out and fixed it to the inside page. She covered her message as she didn't want anyone to see it!
                         
Sorry my  picture of the finished card didn't come out so good, but Niamh was very pleased with it!
And this is the aftermath! The, 'What are these Nanny?' were the packet of wobblers. And shown here are the half price dies from The Works, and the box of 'Monsters and dice' that Oliver wanted. Niamh even knew the name of the 'Snow Buddies' paper pad and took a few home to finish...along with envelopes, little cards and glue.... "Can I have that one Nanny....it's got more glue in it!" Of course you can... 
I'm tired out, but it was great fun! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Niamh! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your grandkids are dear to your heart. Love your grand daughter's card. It is so cute. I can well imagine everything being in a mess afterwards. I have 3 nieces who used to do it to me when they were little. Have a good weekend. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day for us. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a little artist. I wish my grandkids, who are all grown up, and the great grandkids would invade my house. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies