Saturday 30 December 2023

Just another day....

Evening everyone...Sorry there's been no freebies. Hopefully you'll be pleased to know there'll be a Gonk coming up in the next post!! Life, as they say, just got in the way! Today started off Good! I'd ordered a new Console Table (which I'd had my eye on since last year!) just right to go in the hall, from my local gardening centre and at half price I was very pleased with it!  Yay! Anyway my trouble started a few days back, coming  home from visiting family, driving the car (And remembering what happened last Christmas... I had that young girl on a motor bike cut across the road in front of me and took out my passenger side headlights, door, bonnet etc...so I expected trouble)) the dash board lit up saying to check the tyres... I stopped as soon as I could and guess what, the tyre was flat as a tur 💩pancake! Managed to get to the nearest Tesco's to use their Air pump thingy. It was dark and I had no idea what button to press! Luckily the lady assistant came to my rescue and showed me what to do. Once pumped up that got me home. In the morning the tyre didn't look too bad, but there was a screw firmly stuck quite deeply into it, which meant of course, it needed a new one. (tyre that is, not screw) This morning it was flat as a badger again... An idea came to me to ring the RAC (why not, I pay them every month) Within the hour a RAC-man came out, pulled out the screw and started filling the now larger hole with this blue stuff.... the idea was, to pump it up with his compressor..but...his little poky tool thingy, broke! and he couldn't get enough of this blue gunk in the hole. He gave me some numbers to ring to get a mobile tyre guy out... they either didn't answer the phone, or were the wrong number for that service or...told me to go on line.... yeah right. Me being dyslexic and by this time being in a state of 'loopy woman on speed' or Rudolph after drinking too much carrot juice, could not find anything about a mobile man that could fix my tyre.

 So! Think Lyn! What would John do? (He would've fixed it himself of course and I knew I'd never manage the spare tyre...)  So I  phoned the local tyre garage, who was very busy, but said if I had another vehicle (yes my faithful van!) I could come down and borrow his compressor...then go pump up my flat type, that would hopefully stay up long enough to get me to the garage. That done, the type was pumped up...air was coming out faster than it was going in! Thankfully, next door neighbour, Dave, had a faster compressor, got it filled up, and I shot off,  hoping all the traffic lights were on green!

waiting at the garage

 It was flat by the time I got to the garage...and there were a lot of cars lined up to go in.  45 minutes later, a new tyre was ordered, the spare tyre was put onto the car. So glad I didn't try that! Anyway, the machanic told me, I would've never got it off! He said, banging away, 'don't worry, this hammer will not damage your wheels!'  I guess the RAC man could've put the spare tyre on... but I don't think he had a big enough hammer!

Looking back, when we bought the car, it didn't have a spare wheel, but John insisted they put one in the boot. So glad he did... I would've been stumped without it! So! that was my day... Back to the garage Tuesday morning to get the new tyre  added and the 'reinitiatie' done.

In the week, happier times with Bronte and Remi, two dogs I looked after.

And that's why I've been too busy to post ...but as I said at the top of this post.... There's a freebie on its way!! Maybe even two. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. That was a bit of an adventure. I don't think I could have done all that. I would be the headless chicken and hope a good Samaritan would pass by. I hope the new year is kinder to you. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. uf, this was very challenging ... I always ask for help in these kind of situations too ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week you've had. Hope all the horrible stuff is out of the way and you can spend some more happy times with the doggies.
    Happy New Year to you Lyn (not sure if you are in 2024 yet but must be close as we are late morning on January 1st)
    Suze

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies