Tuesday 9 August 2022

Happy BIrthday Oliver! First card is a ...Tunnel Box Card

 

Evening Crafty peoples, hope you're not too hot! I must admit, I've melted on more than two occasions. Our old fans are blowing their little hearts out, which means, crafty paper is scattered everywhere! Here's one of the cards I made for Grandson Oliver for his seventh birthday today! It should've been dinosaurs but I couldn't find them (they are extinct you know) but I did have some dragons...so I used them instead.

I used one of my very first die cuts (a set of nesting dies) so they must be at least 12 years old, if not older but I've never used the biggest one before now...and guess what...one of the curvy corners didn't have  any thing there to cut with, just smooth metal, so I had to finish it off with scissors. All the smallers dies worked fine. There's about three layers looking through the 'tunnel' to see, at the very back,  Tim Holtz's 'Alpine' Mountains with pine trees. I took ages making them but they can't really be seen.
 

 The dragons are stickers and are guarding the castle's gold, treasure and gems. They are just fixed onto acetate, which is why, on a close up shot the picture looks 'cracked'. The papers I've used are from a 12x12 double-sided pad from The Works.

At least I managed to find a bit of a dinosaur for the back of the card, downloaded for free at Chantahtiadesigns rainbow papers, where I wrote a sentiment, but I rubbed that bit out. (And yes, I'd forgotten I had these dinosaurs!) The whole card folds flat to fit into a 5x7 envelope. Oliver's other birthday card will be here tomorrow, with any luck-because, oops, just remembered I haven't watered the flower pots and hanging baskets or the beans or the tomates yet!...and we have dogs that need a quick pee and a poo walk before bed. (which is why I haven't been here for ages, again!) So, stay safe, keep crafting... and thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies