Sunday 28 August 2022

It's a Dawg-gone 60th Birthday Twist 'n' Pop Card!

 

   I started this 6x6 Pop 'n' Twist card...or it might be a Twist and Pop, yes, that sounds better, last week to give me 'plenty' of time to finish it. (The glue was just about dry when I put it in the envelope) It's for a neighbour's hubby's 60th Birthday. I decided it had to be a doggy themed card, as they own two Old English Sheepdogs, both under a year old, so it was an easy theme to choose and a chance to use my Twist and Pop die set by Made To Surprise, a Sam Calcott design... which I nabbed the second time they came back into stock (but no stamps or paper pads though)😕.

 I have the gardening set, which comes with a wheel barrow, spade, rake, a catterpilla, bees, butterflies, a bird, snails, flower pot, fence, grass, flowers and two sentiments, etc, which I missed out on when it first came out. Disappointed, I ordered a small die set with just the Twist and Pop mechanism from Amazon and that turned out lovely, with four different shaped toppers to add to the design as well... then I thought, why doesn't Sam's design have any topper dies, and it does have a picture of one on the front of the packet...but sadly 😒 that was missing from my set.  Luckily I did have a couple of other dies that fitted, once I used my corner punch. So! Enough waffle, here's all about the card!

 Back View with a place to write

The main papers I used, including the backdrops for my photos, are from First Edition, Let's Celebrate, 12x12 paper pad, (Craftlable/Dovecraft) some with foil and sparkle, some double sided. Love it! The 'Happy Birthdays' die cuts, came from The Works and The Range. Now on the front you can also see a kennel with two English Sheepdogs looking out. These are freebie downloads from Chantahiadeigns. There are LOADS of freebies, so just click in what you're looking for and you're bound to find it!

 

On the inside of the card the papers are from the same pad, except the ones used on the toppers, they can be downloaded from Gathered, where you'll find lots of freebies from the archives of PaperCrafts Inspirations and Cardmaking and PaperCraft.  I would've preferred Pauls name to be bigger...but that 'A' I dropped on the floor months ago, was never found! The balloons were die cut from a find in the Crafty Charity Shop, near me and lastly, the 'paw' was made by a Woodware punch. I also used, A Wink of Stella, a white gell pen,  some holographic card, some tiny stars and a metal eyelet. That's it I think! Have a great crafty week. Thank you for stopping by! 

Challenges

 Through The Craft Room Door - Anything goes

Krafty Chicks - All occasions

Digi Choosday - Anything goes

Allsorts - Anything goes

The Paper Funday - Anything goes

Creative Inspirations - Anything goes

  

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Lynn. I have lost things after dropping them, and always wonder where they get to! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the top! Great job! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card for a pet owner! Thank you for sharing your pop out card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty card and very effective shape, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun fold card and very cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this time.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Fold and lovely design! Thanks for sharing with us at The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies