Wednesday 6 July 2022

It's that Time Again! What's On Your WorkTop Wednesday!? #683

 Welcome to WOYWW!? (and Stamping Ground!) and as you can see, my Worktop is under there somewhere! I think I said last week that I wasn't going to buy any more crafty stuff for months but I did! Well, the mags are those expensive ones normally 14.99 -but these were all a fiver (from CraftStash) and that pink storage case was only a £1 from the crafty Charity shop. Doesn't look as though it's been used. I'm just about to cover some black card in sticky black plastic and fix the strips over the holes on those A5 punched pockets, as of course, the crafty people who make those pink storage folders don't put their holes in the same place as every one does...so of course they don't fit, because they want you to buy theirs that do fit for a lot more money! I'll cover them, punch in new holes so that they fit the pink storage bag and fill it with crafty goodies. Easy! And arrggh!!

 My old Big Shot died...the smallest cogg broke all its teeth off. It was very old so it has lasted a very long time, shame Sizzix wouldn't sell me another cogg, hubby rung them up...'only if it's under warrenty or under three years old...' -mine is years and years old! If it was human inwould be in a wheelchair or at lest carry a stick. Anyway...we took Mr Jinx to the vet yesterday (blood tests) and on the way back hubby turned off at Hobby Craft and said, thanks to 'Lady Pam' (bless her) 'let's go buy a new one.' Love Him! (and Pam of course) YAY!


And here's the New Big shot! Love it. Kicking myself a little bit though, as only about a week ago that Crafty Charity Shop had one still in its box for half the price but that of course got snapped up! That's it from me. Have a really crafty week! See you over on WOYWW later. I will be late as we are off looking after dogs, again. (I will retire one day!) Thank you for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Yeah, that would be me all over. Pass up a deal then have the thing break. Or more likely, have a 2nd one and donate it to the local craft club then break my own. Argh. Oh well. Lovely to have a new one with strong rollers! My ancient BigShot only really die cuts at the edges so placement is key. Enjoy!
    Happy WOYWW on the day for a change :D !
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a light blue one, don't think I've come across that colour, but there you go...it was there for a couple of visits saying buy me!

      Delete
  2. That Crafty Charity shop is really quite remarkable for the bargains. I got to bed about 1:30 last night. There is a page on FaceBook for free reference photographs. So many beautiful photographs. I probable have enough now for the rest of me life, but I can’t resist. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I go into town, that Charity Crafty shop is my first port of call, just incase there's a bargain!

      Delete
  3. Well you did succumb to new stash but it didn’t cost you much, lol! You’ll enjoy using that new machine and think of Lady Pam each time you do xx
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really naughty!! and on top of that, more stash arrived today, my craft room is full!

      Delete
  4. Machines know they are going to break and don't choose to do it at the right time Lol! I'm sure of it. but the new onw looks good and I'm sure will give years of fun for you. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get new big shot! I know you wish your old one had not broken but they do wear out. Sounds like you are keeping busy with crafty items. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put my old Big Shot in the new ones box and it's now in the attic, keeping it for spares! Will never throw it away as my mum bought it for me....and she didn't even know what it was!

      Delete
  6. SOrry to hear about your Big Shot but how kind of hubby to sort you a new one Lyn. I am rather glad that we don't have a craft charity shop near us as I would be sorely tempted by the bargains lol. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a craft charity shop that sounds fun. Can you not punch your own holes in the plastic strip. Ani

    ReplyDelete
  8. My big shot is lots of years old too, well done on getting a new one (shame about the cog though) hope you enjoy the bargain mags! have a great week Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the tiniest one, a few of the 'teeth' have broken off. Sizzix used to send them out but not any more...they'd rather you bought a new machine!

      Delete
  9. I had to replace my Big Shot within days of it breaking too, hadn’t realised quite how much I used it till it was unusable! Bless Lady Pam huh, it’s nice to have a good useable tangible piece of inheritance, you’ll think if her every time you use it now. Does it help to know that I’ve done the same in terms of walking past a bargain only to need it a week later! It is a bit galling isn’t it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies