Tuesday 19 July 2022

An Anniversary Butterfly Pop out 'Box' Card...

  Happy Belated Anniversary to sis in law and Bro-in law. I made this Butterfly box card, using mostly, different shades of purple card.

 

  I followed the Tutorial from Sam Calcott on YouTube, but it went a little bit wrong. Some of the die-cuts wouldn't cut, even after going through my new BigShot three or four times. In the end I snipped them with my scissors and they didn't turn out too bad. Debs took these pictures as I'd forgotten to. The front of the card, the very top picture, the butterfly is in silver miri and the rest are in Crafter's Companion Centural Pearl, Snow White, Hint of Gold. 310gsm.

The box card should close flat, so that all the butterflies fold in together, but I couldn't get the butterfly bodys to fold in the middle, so I ended up adding another butterfly to make the circle complete and just hand delivered it! The butterfly's body part  was actually a pretty purple multi-mirri patterned perfume box (Versage woman Eau de Perfum Natural spray- not mine! I found it in someones recycle bin one Christmas! years back-too nice to throw away) so it was probably a little too thick to fold over. The last butterfly provides a space to write your sentiment on the back of its wing.
I've just finished or nearly finished another butterfly card using the same die-set, which makes a gatefold card.
Butterfly Trails, Card Making Magic by Christina Griffiths. I'll show you that later. Click on Sam's link above to show you how the card should've looked like!  Or Here to see it on her blog. That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies