Wednesday 27 July 2022

It's A Gate-Fold Butterfly Card Using Butterfly Trails.


 

 Here's  my second card made using the die-cuts from 'Butterfly Trails' by Christina Griffiths, Card Making Magic. It's 5x7. Some of the pictures are a little different, because of sunlight, day light or even night light and because I kept changing my mind. I also wanted to add more to the inside of the card, (I'm not keen on that naked purple but, it was too hot and I couldn't be bothered! (I can always add something later).

And, looking at this picture now...I think I will at something later! I didn't think it needed that extra half of the butterfly and I nearly cut it off. I could've cut the front butterfly in half and fixed each piece to the 'butterfly flaps so the card opened through the middle of the butterfly...but having it just fixed to one side, it was like having a boneless spare leg flapping about! So, no I didn't cut it off...

 ...I added some more backing paper to it... (Butterfly Kisses by Dovecraft/ Craftlabel) The papers on the front Butterfly (spots and purple jungle leaves) are from a double sided 12x12 Jungle paper pad from 'The Works.'

And now...it has a belly band. The purple butterfly ribbon is from my stash. I've fixed it to a thin piece of card to stop it going all floppy. On the front of the bellyband is a stitched die-cut 'flower' probably from a magazine and I've used that perfume shiny purple cardboard box again. One of the tabs had a gold embossed face and I used that... it wasn't very well centred so I added the tiny butterflies as well. At last! The card is finished! It's taken me all week, (Had cats to feed and dogs to see! And the days are just not long enough!) It should've posted on Saturday but today will do! Have a great week.  Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies