Wednesday 1 December 2021

WOYWW!? #652 A little bit of santa and a cheeky cat

First!! Happy December!! Then, Afternoon all you crafty  WOYWWers!? Yes I'm late. (I think I'll make that my middle name) Honestly, I go out with two dogs yesterday afternoon. Go down on the beach. Cold, but not too bad, had Hubby with me. It was getting dark, so we thought we'd head back. It's strange how my van heads to the nearest dog friendly pub, whenever hubby's with me! Later, we took the pooches back to their house; they were zapped out. We come home and then... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! What happened? I was snoring  the rest of the evening! Anyway, I'm now where I should've been about 7o'clock this morning! I got started on this weeks freebie and as you can see from the picture above, I was invaded by Jinx. He's sitting on my drawing! You can guess what he's saying. "Feed Me!!"

And then, these came from CraftStash. Papercraft Society Boxes! (I now have four) These were Half Price!! (part of their Black Friday deal) So I had to have two! One's by Helen Griffin and the gnome one is by Olga Direktorenko. The boxes are just piled up on top of my earlier desk, before I cleared it, pushed it back, to do the drawing, which of course made Mr Jinx think I'd cleared the space for him.

I showed these stamps last week I think. I got them from the Crafty Charity shop. They're not all there but then, after looking for some freebie downloads I found the whole set as digi stamps by, none other than Helen Griffin! I love these cute little critters, and Santa.

  But.... now this next bit is even weirder!! Sam Calcott was busy showing us how to make a Flip Flop card and was using a Raymond Briggs Santa Stamp from a 2018 Papercraft Essentials Magazine.  I can remember picking this mag up.... but after hunting for it, remembered I'd put it back! (sigh) Now the next day, I did a bit of shopping and was heading for the Charity Crafty Shop, when a little voice in my head said, 'have a quick look in there'. (another charity shop) I nearly didn't, as it only usually has clothes and china and old socks...and even big knickers, but as I opened the door, there, on the first shelf, all on its own was the same Raymond Briggs Santa, complete with all the stamps, papers and foiled die-cuts! I didn't do a double take, I grabbed it thinking I must be dreaming!

So, I've been doing a little jig ever since. No wonder I'm so tired! I've coloured a couple in, and hopefully will put them out later in the week...just have to get the flopping and the flipping bit worked out, only I think I've mastered the 'Flippin' bit already! That's me done, pop over to Stamping Ground and join in, so we can see 'What's on Your Worktop Wednesday!' Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. How amazing is that! What a great find. Did you say those cute critters were freebies? Another great find. Lovely photograph of Jinx. Happy WOYWW Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've corrected your link as the first one went to the freebie (no hardship there) you always seem to be up as I'm sleeping... but well done on snagging Santa! what a find. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing you found that, it was obviously waiting just for you. Loving the freebie this week too. Your kitty has the sweetest face. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a fortuitous set of circumstances Lyn. Well done on the find. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how lucky was that - it looks a great find. The Craft stash boxes look interesting too and when crafty things are half price I feel an obligation to buy two at least - it would be rude not to!
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your visit earlier, I've been out munching with some friends so that's why I'm late.
    Love that photo of Jinx, give a cuddle from me.
    Will have to go look at those paper craft society boxes, they do look good.... And if they're half price....
    That was a marvellous charity find.... Well done you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stroke of luck that was! Wouldn't happen here. I don't believe I've ever seen stamp sets in the local charity shops. Jinx is gorgeous even if he has taken your workspace. They do have a way of getting their own, do they not? Many thanks for your visit earlier. Elizabeth x #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good deal on the boxes! Love the look Jinx is giving you. Thanks for popping by! I'm still working my way around. Have a great week!
    Carol N #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the stamps. Looking forward to seeing what you make with them. Jinx just wants attention. Love that cat! He makes me happy. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello to you and Jinxy! I bet he is a wonderful helper! I have great helpers too! :) Thank you for the image you shared! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking for your post on Wednesday and couldn't find it! That is such a cute photo of Jinx - I know that look very well LOL! We call it "eyeballing" Lucky I didn't see those half price CraftStash boxes - I couldn't have resisted, even though I never use that sort of stuff - but I still love having it! What a great find in the charity shop - pure serendipity - it was surely meant for you! Thanks for popping in earlier! Happy December! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The Universe certainly has you covered! Good thing you listen to those inner voices. That happens to me a lot too, and I also almost don't follow them because they seem so far fetched (like when I'm looking for something), and there it is! Sorry for the late visit this week, Lindart #24.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Very Belated WOYWW !! That is amazing to find that. I often look in charity shops for crafty bargains, but not often find anything worth having. I love subscription boxes, but have decided to make a big effort not to buy new stash for the coming year. Got more than enough in my craft room. The Tonic monthly boxes are fab, if you need any persuasion to spend more! Ali x #8

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies