Monday 13 December 2021

A Pop out Santa Four Step Card

 

 Good morning/Afternoon/Evening to all you crafters. Today I have some Christmas cards... wayhayhay?! yes I know, calm down, because there's other things on my list... like... dusting (What!?) and tidying up and getting the tree down from the attic and...and... Well, here's One Christmas Card. There might be another one tomorrow. Started doing a flip and flop  card, (I mentioned this before)  but..it didn't flip and was a flop, soooo I used already stamped out Santa from that- very lucky find from a Charity shop  (The kind that normally sells old boots, Christmas cards and socks) and made this pop out step card instead. The next cards I make will have to be my own design, as I'm so rubbish at following instructions! (and I don't take all week to make them) This card took me all last week! 

 I'm quite pleased with it now, so I'm hoping the family members who'll receive it, will recycle it back to me, if they are going to recycle it! Not to worry if they don't, (I've taken pictures) I'll just send them a bought one next year! (with a candle on it...and a bit of holly) The card closes down to a 6x6. I used 250 gsm card for the base, probably from Dovecraft. The backing paper is from 'The Works.' (£3, 12x12 double sided) The tree is embossed then fussy cut, also from a freebie magazine (last year...or the year before)  along with the very tiny die cuts to decorate it. I've also added Nova drops, Stickles, Gems and Wink of Stella. The Santa, (second hand as new, originally a freebie) is from three years ago. The Santa's bag is from a freeie from this year ...actually, I fell asleep when I was fussy cutting it out, can you believe that!? I know we had dogs and Grandkiddies over to stay but falling asleep, mid cut!!? I mean?? Luckily I'd coloured in, using my Promarkers, another  four or five so it can still be used on another card, if I hide half the bow!  I throw nothing away! 

 This is the inside

  In Sam's Tutorial (How to Make a Four Stepped Card) her card stands up very nicely, she most likely used 300gsm, so I added another blank card to the back of this one, using matching papers, and a sentiment from the same Christmas 12x12 pad, so it stands up very well. (and there's plenty of room to write a message; I may add a white circle diecut  to write on) The 'silver' Merry Christmas sentiment on the front, was also a 'freebie' from a magazine as is the die cut stocking. The Ho Ho Ho's are sequins. The little mouse and the tiny hearts, are Lawn Fawn.

Grandkiddies have been colouring in some of my digis. (We want them BIG Nanny, not little...) just as well Hubby had filled up the ink! I'll add pictures later. That's it... hoping there's not too many smelling misttoks on this post (I did manage not to fall asleep on the keyboard!) I'm finding typing in the dark with this laptop (new last Christmas) is a lot easier as the keyboard lights up and I can see all the letters and numbers, instead of having to best guess! (Note to self, don't buy a silver coloured laptop next time!) That's it! Thanks for stopping by! Stay Safe.

Challenges

10 comments:

  1. Amazing. Love the Santa and all the little elements. I have been missing a few weeks as my Mother in law passed away, so catching up. She was a 'Christmas' lady so we will celebrate her life with just a touch of sadness and lots of memories. Have a Merry Christmas. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for your lost Elaine I hope this Christmas will be filled with lots of Pass Christmas Happiness xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome card and very cute! I've never tried this style but it looks amazing! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So creative! Gorgeous and adorable card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stair step card. I like the inside too. Great card for a family member. I hope they like it. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post, Thank you for share with us. clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design! Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a wonderful stepper card. It may have taken you all week to make but it was definitely worth it. The images are so super cute and your colouring is perfect. Thank you for joining our Mega Christmas challenge 'anything goes' over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x
    Happy New Year x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What happened to this card?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies