Sunday 31 October 2021

It's A Ginger Bread House Pop Up Card!

  At last, I can safely say I've finished The Ginger Bread House Card! ('No, you haven't! You haven't added that Happy Christmas sentiment on the inside yet!') Ok, I'll go do that next. Now you've made me forget what I was going to type! Oh yes, following on from the making of the Ginger Bread House in another post... the next thing that went wrong?? I placed the open card across an opened ink pad. Arrgh! Ink smuged all over the Gingerbread man! So I covered him with another one, along with the star and the tiny sweetie. Then added the sweet brad, from my stash,  over the inky mark on the top lefthand corner. Sorted!

This card came with all the goodies you need to make this pop up Ginger Bread House card (and many other things) in the kit Box 24 from Papercraft Society by Sam Callcott. Go HERE to see her 'live' Youtube toturial. (Fast forward to the good bits!)

Here's the card showing the Happy Christmas I've just fixed on!(It's not on any of the other pictures) The GingerBread man and woman where cut out of brown card wrapped around tins of (posh) cat food or tuna. I just love the brown colour on the inside. The Happy Christmas was die-cut from a band around tins of Stella Artois, and the next lot of gingerbreads will be cut from a 'Caramel Pots of Choc Creamy Desserts' wrap-a-round band. I throw nothing away!

The Back of the House
The gems are from my stash but everything else is from the kit. I used the bits from the cut out windows as the path, as my path die didn't seem to emboss like Sam's did(then I spotted that they weren't the same!) The Christmas Wreaths, I decided looked good as chocolate bagels with Hundreds and Thousands sprinkled on them!

A Sky view
 I've used Glossy Accents or Wink of Stella on most of the Sweeties. The roof is covered with some really lovely off white smooth glitter card. I did actually make the roof a little bit smaller. Any colouring was done by my Promarkers. And with any luck, it all folds flat and fits into a 6x6 envelope.

  As well as die-cuts, stamps and papers, card, sentiments and templates, there's also some white pompom ribbon, little candy canes,  a candy cane embossing folder  and a cookie cutter included in the set.
Opening the card

 Write your messages on the back
 Now, if you don't score down the middle of the sides of the house, you can make it into a cute little treat box or tree decoration!
 
 That's it! Thank you for stopping by. I'll try to add a video later. Hoping to add some... 

                                            Challenges.

 Craftycatzweeklychallenge-anything goes

  Craftyhazelnuts-christmas challenge 

mftstamps-176-colour combination

Through The Craftroom Door -anything goes

Kraftychickschallenge-all occasions

Pixiescraftyworkshop challenge-415

Allsortschallenge.-add a sentiment

17 comments:

  1. So much FUN! I adore all things gingerbread! This pop-up card is AMAZING! I enjoy Sam's yt channel so I must have missed seeing this kit. Do you draw gingerbread men? Would love to see one from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly lots of snippets on this lovely project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and so much fun. You have made a grand job of this project. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super looking pop-up card.
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So gorgeous! I love your gingerbread house card. It is fabulous. Love all the gingerbread items and candy. The brads are terrific on your card. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edwina! I'm glad I kept up with it! It was worth it!
      (Lyn)

      Delete
  7. What a sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real fun Christmas card, many thanks for haring with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is a fabulous, fun Christmas card. It looks very involved with so many lovely elements and details, but I love that it has the gingerbread house inside. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts for our Sentiment challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pop up card .. so much detail! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gingerbread pop up, Spyder. Fantastic work! Pop ups still intimidate me but I do love looking at them when others make them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I´m out of words, this is so cool! Love the pop up gingerbread house. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lyn - this is stunning! Love the pop-up surprise inside.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card - that pop up is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun pop up card with awesome details

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies