Wednesday 14 July 2021

What's On Your Worktop Wednesday!? #632

Well, I haven't seen my work bench for quite a while now....I did tidy, in my own way, but then I had Happy Mail!! I'll tell you about that later, but first you have to click over to Julia's Stamping Ground and join in! Ohhooo, we are not alone! Well, I'm not. I had Lola sleeping on one side of my chair, and last night it was Mr Jinx on the other and tonight Jinx is here and Lola has wrapped herself up in a blanket! The first picture of my work bench is a lot like yesterdays, but  different so,I will, as I go on, move stuff back to show you ATC's from woywwers and Happy Mail! I'd show you Lola the Chihuahua but it's too dark to see her. (I'll try and add something later) First picture, I've been sorting out my A4 stamps and 'filling' them. At least my cup has changed from yesterday! (sorry about pictures. My Camera's getting very old!)
Then we have Happy Mail from Anne,(Copperbeech Crafts)-the strawberry ATC, a late WOYWW and in the middle Christine aka Bishopsmate sent me some plates to try on my Gemini Mini after I said I'd only had it a few weeks and it was warping really badly! Thank you to everyone who told me what to do with them. It did work for a while but they are still bending badly! The plates Christine sent are Sizzix ones and didn't fit  the Gemini but fitted my old Bigshot, which won't cut hardly any of the thin dies I have (not unless I stuff it with sheets of different thicknesses of card...and then it only really embosses!) Anyway, as you can see, with the little plates it cut everything easily! The other ATC is also from Christine too! Thank you! In the background I'm making little notelets again, only smaller this time. I wasn't going to make the envelopes but decided to this afternoon.(Pictures are a bit blurry) as I only needed to use one 6x6 sheet of paper per envelope, cut down to five and a quarter and score at...Uh!? (where's the insert button on this new laptop? My old one would give me the fractions (and other weird things, so I wouldn't have to print them... here it is...no, doesn't do anything!) Anyway...
Then there's the freebie, not finished that yet. Behind him are ATC's for The T for Tuesday Swap...just the backs, can't show you the fronts yet! Oh and another empty cup...it's thirsty work typing this! Then,  if we move the freebie out of the way...

At last, Happy Mail!! I have the Lawn Fawn Bundle! Magic Iris. I've wanted this for months. Waaaaay back in March, my birthday, I nearly bought it then, but even with a money offer off the price and a freebie unicorn, I didn't fill my basket because I was told I'd probably pay twice as much because of USA taxes. (If anyone knows if that's not true, let me know!) Anyway, I can't wait to play with these! That's it! I've promised to be in bed before midnight! (I didn't say which Midnight!) Don't forget to pop over to Julia's Stamping Ground!  oh...just one more picture!

Jinx sez Hi...he's feeling a lot better after his all day visit to the vets last week (plus two other days) and has to go again on Friday. That's it!! Thanks for stopping by! Bye Bye for now!!

18 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW. Glad that Jinx is feeling better. Take a look at Barry the Cat on my blog post this week! I am intrigued by those Lawn Fawn dies. Will go and look to see what they make. Ali x #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am curious about the dies! It's been so long, I kinda forget about US tax things. I usually just fill my basket then begin the checkout till I see what the total amount is then abandon the basket if it is way more than I expected LOL! The whole die cutting machine thing makes me crazy. I have a big shot pro (too big) and a Sidekick (just right for SMALL dies, useless for embossing folders or even mid-size dies) and nothing in between. Grr. Now I wish I had bought a Cuttlebug years ago and a prefect mid-size machine...ah well. Love your snap of Jinx. Made me smile!

    Happy Desk Hopping!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Jinx back in his happy home, looks like he's happy to see us too. Those dies are very intriguing, it's a real cost cutter if we can get those brands from across the pond closer to home. I've noticed an increase on many things due to covid & brexit sadly.
    Happy crafting, please share what you create with them.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #9 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to make use of the plates, Peter couldn't understand why I had kept them . . . but you never know . . .
    I became so fed up with trying to get dies and stamps from America then I found Seven Hills Crafts. They only import stash from America and are very obliging. I was desperate to get hold of some Colorado 'Legs' stamps, wrote and asked if they would be stocking them. They wrote back to say they would look into it and now they stock Colorado in their shop. Wonderful company. . . . just saying.
    Have a good week
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come across them! But they were out of stock like most others, but will pop back to see what they have now, I mean... Christmas and March isn't that far off! Thank you again for the plate they are VERY useful!

      Delete
  5. A great snap of Jinx and interesting dies. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a great photo of Jinx! Glad he’s feeling better. It’s not USA taxes, it’s when the parcel arrives here that they start piling on the taxes….it’s 3% import tax, 20% VAT and then a charge from the post office for paying those two up front on your behalf, usually about £10, so no, it’s not a cheaper way to obtain much. And even if the sender marks it as a gift (which they could be fined for doing), the VAT is still payable, technically. It used to be quite hit and miss, but nowadays, most parcels are looked at and charged. So, this filing system for your A4 stamps and sets….does it work well? I don’t have to worry about it, I have only one set that’s on an A4 sort of sheet and so I cut it in half!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Lyn , good to hear jinx is better . Fab happy mail too . Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jinxy.... sending kitty hugs xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo of Jinx, glad he's feeling better. I couldn't figure out how those dies made an Iris, one of my favourite flowers, so I googled it and realised my mistake!! Hope you have lots of fun with the set.
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. I copied this from Lawn Fawn's web site:

    All international packages will be marked as commercial merchandise at the value you paid for the items. You are responsible for any applicable duty or taxes that may be related to the delivery of your purchase.

    Not sure if that will help, but it tells me you must pay what I believe you call VAT. Here in the states, they charge tax according to where you live. It appears there is NO free shipping until you reach $75.00 (USD). I would NEVER spend that much on anything, even my dreaded gel plate wasn't that much! You have some great stamps and those die cuts are beautiful. I like how you colored the strawberry. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear Jinx is feeling better. I can’t work out the tax system once the goods arrive in this country 🙄. Happy WOYWW Angela #7

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO glad Jinx is feeling better Lyn and that your long awaited Lawn Fawn items are finally in your grasp lol. It's always good to have happy mail too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the dies and stamps you have. Not sure about shipping from here in the USA to you. I know it can be quite hefty. Love your ATC's especially the Strawberry one. Looking forward to the freebie. He sure looks cute. So glad Jinx is feeling better. Hope the dog is not too much for him. I like your cup. You have some really great ones. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  14. This tax thing is confusing. I've bought several moulds from Russia and China and it always says that the buyer is responsible for any import tax but as yet I have paid nothing. Years ago I had a saxophone which came from Alabama and I did pay import tax on that so who knows. I'm with Christine Seven Hills are a great company and send out orders very quickly too. Hope you have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give Jinxy big pets and smooches for me! I hope he is alright and feeling well! You know I love Jinxy!
    Glad your Gemini is working for you; looks like that would be a handy size; wouldn't take up near as much room as some of the others.
    So glad to see you creating again! Don't you just love Lawn Fawn! I haven't gotten into the moving parts dies, but they look so neat when people make cards with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear Jinx is feeling better, Lyn. I have been hankering after that magic iris die for ages... I adore any sort of interactive card which is so much fun for the recipient.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #18

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was going to the same as Julia above. How many times did I have to pay this that and the other including the fee for the privilege. And often it was for a prize I had won... At least now in Australia the only think I have had is parcels opened by border control as the contents seem dangerous - I once got a lot of cafeinated stamps...

    Anyway your goodies look good!


    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #23
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies