Wednesday 14 April 2021

Happy WOYWW number #619 and A Froggy Story.

 Hello. its woyww again. Nip To the Stamping Ground, to join in! Well, there isn't that much on mine... So, here's my desk yesterday...here's a picture of the back of an anniversay card I finished (Just in time) for hubby, and then, instead of saying,"here's some flowers," he said "let's go and get some bedding plants from the nursery," so we did. So I've been sorting them out, then I cleared, not tidied, my bench ready for doing this weeks WOYWW and my Wednesday freebie, but!! That scanner again, is being very naughty!  It will only print on the edges. It is old. (so am I, but I don't suddenly stop working in the middle... ok, maybe a leg might go a bit wonky and if I get down to do a bit of weeding I might take forever to get up again, but I'm still working.  Google sez it's mostly likely because it's old, and to do some clean up thingy, probably found in the booklet that came with the said scanner... it's old! The booklet long lost, or recycled.  So, sorry folks there maynot be a freebie this Wednesday... unless I draw straight onto my wacom... and then it might be a bit wobbly. 

John, hubby, had an article printed in a motorbike monthly member's mag, all about how he's rebuilding his dad's, then Uncle's old bike. After a year, and nearly well over thirty years since it was last on the road, he took it out for a drive. So, of course he's written another piece, now that the bike's all shinny and gleaming, seeing how everything was rusty and covered in, I hate to say... rat poo... (he said mice poo in the mag) there was more of the original bike in the bin, so it's a bit of a Trevor's broom really. Anyway, years ago, he would write stuff and I'd draw a silly cartoon to go with it, so of course, he wanted a cartoon done tonight, and this is when I found out...the scanner didn't work...

only our heads were printed

 The printer only prints the sides of the paper.... makes nice book marks though! (the flowery bit of paper)

  I covered another broken chocolate biscuit box to put some stamps in. That's me for now, one last Picture od my Kitchen Work Top this week...Stay Safe!


Pop over to Stamping ground and join in! and before I go....

 Just for Jo and a couple of others....

 The Story of The Love Sick Frog and the Fat Gold Fish    (mentioned in last weeks, WOYWW)

Some years back, our pond had a good many frogs and a few fish, called, The One That Jumps, The One That doesn't, The One That Can't, The one that was Black, The Thin White One That was Orange, The One With The Tail (very pretty) and The Fat Gold One. Up early one morning, I had this 'feeling'  and looked out of the kitchen window, I don't know what made me climb onto the draining board so I could see the pond but I did. Something was wrong. And there was The Fat Gold One, in the pond with her head just peeking out, saying I'm sure, "Help me! Help Me!" Dressed only in my rather furry brown dressing gown, I pulled on my wellies, and quickly ventured out... There was the Fat Fish, literally gasping for breath! And then, she was suddenly pulled under the water with a big splash! Something had grabbed her! And was turning her over and over! There was a slimy greenish arm around her waist! Another one pulled on her head, it's clammy fingers clamped over her right eye! "Help!" gasped the fish again! Quickly I clambered over rockery stones to try and help poor Fat Gold Fish, and then I saw it, as she broke the surface of the water again  to take a breath, there was a very big warty frog clinging to her! I rolled up my very long furry sleeves and tried many times to grab the fish and the frog, but he was hanging on so tightly! I nearly fell in with the fight he put up! "You can't have her! She's mine!" he croaked. I got the fish net and nearly had him, but he leaped out of the pond still holding Fat Gold Fish! and then he dropped her, I was just about to pick her up, when he grabbed her from my fingers and run off round the pond with Fat Gold Fish tucked under his arm! It didn't matter which way I ran around the pond, he'd turn back and charge off still with poor Fat Gold Fish caught tightly under his arm! She didn't look well! I had to save her! There was me, in my furry dressing gown and by now, very wet wellie boots, chasing this frog round and round the pond. I grabbed  the net again and this time, I got him! He wiggled but I forced my fingers in between him and her, it took a while to wrench his tiny little hands from Fat Fish's body, but at last, she was free! The frog swam off... hopefully he found true love in the Iris's... a month later we were over run with tadpoles!   Poor Fat Fish, wasn't well, she was brused about her fins and body, but looked happy once back in the water... The One That Didn't came to say hello. She did lose her balance and would sometimes lie on her side, or nosedive to the bottom. I put a large flat stone in the shallow end so she could rest on it, the right way up. Sometime later, she did pass away, and as always I bought an Azalea and buried her beneath it for good luck. 

Now? who wants to hear the one about 'The Frog Who Could Only Jump in Circles?'

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - what a dedicated and fearless "naturist/naturalist" you are!! Great story. I wonder how often that happens in nature - these male frogs are very determined in their endeavours. Thanks for telling it so brilliantly. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he loved her because she was so much fatter than the othersm at least he never bpthered her again!

      Delete
  2. I want you to write a story about all of the fish and illustrate them with your drawings and then make a book and sell it and make lots of money and go and buy a bigger house with a bigger garden and have lots more fish with names and then tell stories about them and keep repeating all of this without a breath until you live in a huge castle with a moat around it.
    But still keep appearing in WOYWW each week so we know you are safe and well, still covering broken biscuit boxes and he is still making bikes to ride.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How weird! I was thinking the same thing!

      Delete
  3. Hope you manage to get that scanner/printer to work properly again Lyn. Love the cartoon of you and hubby with the bike. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it gets published along with hubby's artical, I'll show it on WOYWW!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your story at the end! You have away with words that is entertaining to read :-D. Great cartoon about the bike but what a shame about the scanner, maybe you can find a cheapie one in CEX or somewhere like it?
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an entertaining story about the encounter of Fat Goldfish and the Frog. Well, entertaining for us, not so much for poor Fat Goldfish. I would have definitely wanted to save her too! I'm glad you did. You know you can get very cheap scanners these days. I've got an Epson combined printer/scanner and it works well - I used Tesco vouchers to pay for it - I can't remember how much it was but it was pretty cheap, like £20 or something - half price. Look out for a good deal - no use struggling with something that doesn't work! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby has said thhis! He's looking at 'bluetooth' ones!

      Delete
  6. I had no idea frogs did that! I thought they lived amicably side by side. Well done on your rescue. And well done on your cartoon - it looks great from what I can see. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the story of the frog and the gold fish, and your drawing of you both and the bike is excellent. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caro, with be over to yours to snoop soon!

      Delete
  8. Lyn, I enjoyed your story. I felt sorry for the fish. I did not realize frogs would eat them. Yes post the next story. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Edwina, he was actually madly in love with her! He arrived late and all the other lady frogs had at least two husbands already! So, the Fat Gold fish was the best second choice for would be wife!

      Delete
  9. What a pain about the scanner... Love the story though. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your hubby getting an article in a magazine! Cool cartoon that you drew! I'm so sorry about your scanner. Neat story about the frog; I like frogs! I get excited when we have a tree frog on the door or a frog in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes frogs are funny things! I was cross one evening they weren't esting enough slugs...so I feed them using a tooth pick...like a kabab.. I had half a dozen lined up to take the slugs off the tooth pick, lazy frogs!

      Delete
  11. The story of the frog is a common one and they can do a lot of harm to fish when they cannot find a mate. Luckily for our Koi we have a strong net on the pond and very rarely have this problem but we still have crazy fish occasionally. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a stunning story. Absolutely I want to hear more!
    Happy anniversary! Lovely idea to buy plants instead of flowers. For our silver wedding we bought each other apricot trees. We only get a crop now and again but it’s nice when we do. Glad your husband got his bike on the road. If you google your scanner you might find an instruction book online
    Take care
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay! The story of the frog who could only jump in circles is coming up, next week!

      Delete
  13. LOL - your poor fish!! Hate it when tec lets you down - and it's always when you're trying to do something quickly. Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to tell you I was totally entertained reading the story of the frog and the fish and you. I'm sorry that the fish did not last long after. ~Stacy #29

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you will have to write a book! That’s the funniest story I have read for a long time. Your whole post today is very entertaining, you must have been on a roll, as they say - I don’t know who “they” are by the way. I have heard of frogs grabbing fish, but never running away with them, now that would make a good sketch. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha! I agree with Neet. Get published, get rich! That was hilarious. Some funky illustrations required just to complete it!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #18

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn the scanner, it’s so so inconvenient when things won’t work properly, however old!! I love the cartoon you did to go with your hubby’s article. My word how clever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great story! Our fish in our pond in England had similar names!
    My printer is only printing the edges too. This is when I use 'print photos. If I copy the picture into Word it prints fine.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Susan #26

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies