Saturday 24 March 2012

Dustin's A Card For Emily Challenge

Dustin is having a challenge, for you to make a card to send to Emily, a little 7 year old girl who has been fighting leukaemia since the end of last year. She has had to endure more pain in her short life than most adults go through in their entire life. She has gone from Leukaemia to Rota-virus, to pancreatitis, to kidney stones, then to shingles, not to mention over 300 pokes in her little tiny body. From chemo to blood draws to feeding tubes. Dustin would like to bless her by encouraging all his blog followers to send her a card to brighten up her day. Emily has a long life ahead of her and with the encouragement of her family and friends is fighting with all her strength. You can read about Emily and her progress on her Aunts blog HERE. and Here
Dustin would like anyone and everyone who would like to send little Emily a card to choose ONE of the images from his Daisy & Buttercup sheet, which he has hand drawn and coloured especially for Emily. All you have to do is email him with your image choice, make a card using the image, join his Make A Card For Emily Challenge and he will send you the rest of the set as a thank you. What are you waiting for! Make a card for Emily. Details on Dustin's Blog.

My Card... I made two... the first one I think I've manage to 'rescued'! I forgot my main printer is out of ink, so ended up with blue 'grass'! Unfortunately, my old printer, which has ink...has jammed and I think this time, it's off to printer heaven aw shame! (You can see that first card in the post below this one, although I'll be posting it later).
This card I really had fun making. Being out of ink meant I couldn't use Dustin's coloured image, so I've used my ProMarkers. Emily, like most little girls loves ponies and kittens and the colour pink, so that's why the pony is pink!
I put the image into an old version of My Craft Studio (I can't believe I worked out how to get it into a PNG so I could show you! Press the Print Scene button on your computer so you 'take a picture' of what's on your computer scene...open Paint (I opened PaintNet)..Paste in...save as Jpeg or PNG!)
As the picture shows, I printed three ponies, along with the sentiment typed close to one of them. The font I used is a freebie it's called Teacher's Pet and you can download it HERE
I've 3D-ed the pony's head and mane using one of the other images, along with the swinging cat, 'curled' it a little, then fixed it on with silicone glue.
I then drew my own background around the pony. I left a cloud around the 'Just Swinging By...' and made the 'To Say Hi' into a sign-post. I drew round an eggcup to make the sun. The black and pink heart ribbon was from my local, not very crafty, shop, 30p a metre. Must get more!
The pink heart backing paper is by Pink Petticoat. Luckily I all ready had enough printed! (although, shhh! I had to 'patch up' the inside... I'll add die cut circles to write on later and maybe a Looney Lyn too! That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges
Dustin's Challenge For Emily- Use Buttercup & Daisy Digi
One stitch at a time-girly
Cutecardthursday-anything goes
Scrappinforkenzie- cards for Emily blog hop 2

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn,

    Emily is gonna love it! I still gotta finish up mine...Thanks so much for sharing this cutie patootie with us at OSAAT.

    hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of the internet - read this on a US blog last week, so happy that it has now reached Europe. Still figuring out which card to make and send it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lyn, love the pink pony, fabulous scene you have created, Emily will love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Card, I love the background and the sun. Such a cheerful card. Thanks for joining us this week at "Pike's Playground" and sending a card to Emily.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I love the colors and fun papers you've used. I can't wait to get the rest of the images to make more cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mine Rhona, they are fabulous, so I'm making another card real soon!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely card this is! But what a sad story and what a wonderful thing to do. Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dustin always comes up trumps in his artwork for things like this!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies