Monday 12 April 2021

Happy Aniversary to Me and Him Indoors

 I'm about three posts behind this week already! I'll add the other bunny cards as promised next...hopefully, but, this card's had to push in, coz it's our aniversary today and this is the card I've made. I was wondering what to do, as I don't think I can ever match the mad motorbike card I made him ages ago or the bench card. Have I posted that yet? Ohoo, maybe I haven't! If that's the case, I'll add that after the bunnies! 

 I was  crafting away listening to Sam Calcott on YouTube make something, and the video rolled on to her making this type of 5x7 'Lock and Pop gate fold card.' I quicky did all the folding and scoring (wondering why there was a half inch fold at either end) when, suddenly, Sam gets out one of her lovely die-cuts to add to the ends that make the front of the card and make them all flowery and die-cuttyingly, gorgeous, which of course I haven't got, so, me, being the worst 'measurer' in the world just added plane ordinary front bits for the 'gates' to make the card the right size. Only... it was too big by a tiny  miniscule spidgen to fit into a 5x7 envelope. All the dies used on that topper, came from The Works. (The tiny hearts are the leftovers from a Tim Holts Sizzix thinlits die, see! I throw nothing away!)

This is the card closed. There's another 5x7 and a 6x6, tutorial by Sam, where there was an addition of a belly band. 
 It's not really lovey-dovey card, but the Tim Holtz's paper layered on the front is more manly... and it does mention Seattle in one of the signs... where we've been, just twice, to see our youngest daughter and oldest Grandson.(sometime ago now 😞)

Anyway, this is the back of the card, sitting in all the mess it took to make it! The Butterfly paper  is 'Perhaps,' Basic Grey.com. I've had it for years, never wanting to cut into it, well, I've done it now! I have a few more, different ones, bought back in the day when a whole 12x12  pack was unheard of at my local craft shop, because they'd be so expensive! That's it for today, we are going, OUT! Stay Safe, thanks for stopping by! 

Challenges 

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary outing. Wonderful present from the government!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful day. A super card, not seen this style before so must have a try. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Lyn and Hubby! I hope you had a wonderful day. Love your card. Those die cutes are great. I have never seen them before. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies