Wednesday 26 July 2023

What's OnYour Worktop ...um Ironing board Wednesday?! #738, WOYWW,

 Well, there is some ironing that needs doing, but that's on the floor, meanwhile...I'm still in sorting out mode. So this is my work space this Wednesday for WOYWW?! I'm sorting out papers, there's a sheet that I've printed out on one of my coffee stained papers. I think it's come out really nice in a 'not too grungy way'. There's a few new diecuts that need a home. I like to get them on to a magnet a.s.a.p., coz I know I'll lose those little tiny bits! Also on the ironing board is some Tim Holts papers and my first ever Journal, which you've seen bits of. I was hoping to film the inside instead of just taking pictures but thanks to DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) I've been in tears most of the day as they are going to fine me! (Or even lock me up) So...this first bit was typed out 7 o'clock this morning...this next bit is hours later...

 I had a letter this morning saying I was being fined, 'pay now to settle it out of court' because one of John's bikes, the GL 650 Silverwing, is not insured. I managed to get it MOTed, had to wait ages for what is called the V5c because I couldn't find the original one anywhere. (Had to pay for a new one) Then at that very moment of me picking up the phone, Francis, (my Airedale man who I've known for years) arrived to put the other little blue bike's battery on charge, as that is up for sale.  What's sooooo frustrating, I've told the DVLA sooo many times, the bike is on private land, I can't move, or get on it, let alone ride it!

  Anyway I got on the phone and as far as I know, it's been sorted. (But I was blubbering quite a bit) The bike is now SORN....when I first heard that term, I thought someone would turn up to saw it up into scrap!  Silly me. What's sooo maddening though, the bike, in just a few weeks, will not need any of this because it will be classed as an Hysterical Vintage Vehicle.. (OOps! I've just asked my phone to help with the spelling, it often does.....I think it should be Historical Vintage Vehicle...!) So tonight, I have to fill in a form asking them not to fine me, and write a letter explaining my situation, (which I've already done three times!) I was actually told by one of their people months ago, the bike would be okay as it is.  

A picture to finish. Eldest Daughter is away with family and other grandparents to Iceland. One of Tom's brothers lives there and Tom's been posting pictures of the Rumbling Volcano! 

 Bit scarrrry if you ask me! Well, that's it for now...I wonder if that link to Stamping Ground is still working? Let's see! YES!! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are having such a tough dime with DVLA and the bike... insensitive so-and-so's! Great photo of Tom and the rumbling volcano!! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep strong Lyn, it will be ok in the end. Lots of interesting bit and bobs on your 'desk'. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lyn, what a disaster with the bike. I just hope this time they read the letter and don't fine you or put you in jail. I believe that the left hand of the govt. doesn't know what's going on with the right hand.

    I like that coffee stained paper and I look forward to seeing more of your new journal. Happy WOYWW from # 1 and take a deep breath, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't tell if my comment published or not. Didn't show it would publish once you approved it like most normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure they will not lock you up as it's likely that the letters and phone conversations are crossing each other and one part doesn't know what the other one is doing. It's just crazy. Good luck with the sorting too. Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyn, you silly billy, fancy getting in a state! Hopefully it's all sorted now and won't be a problem in the future. Hysterical Vintage Vehicle did make me smile. That volcano does look rather too lively for my liking.... Have a good week, love and hugs Cindy xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick visits today as I seem to be even busier than usual now that the holidays are here. Hope you get compensation from DVLA that the bike is sorted soon! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey! Lord save us from bureaucracy! and volcanos LOL! Hope both turn out to be not as bad as all that. Did you design the sheet you printed out? It's wonderful so I would not be surprised if it were all down to you. Take a breath, and craft one, DVLA be damned! Hugs.
    Happy WOYWW a day late
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated WOYWW. Yes, just SORN any vehicle that you are not using. You definitely don't need to do anything else - perhaps put anything more valuable as listed separately on your household insurance. If you need any advice on vehicles, just email me (ali@aliwadedesigns.com). Ali x #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you are having so much trouble with the motorbike. It is so frustrating when the "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is talking about" To have told your story multiple times to just have to tell it again must be so frustrating. I really hope it all works out well for you. Have a great week, peace, love and light, Lindart #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart goes out to you!!! It brings back to me all the problems I had when PJ died..... Folk at work do not understand, they just follow 'procedures'.
    Is there an Ombudsman you can threaten them with???
    Stay strong
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear of the problems with the DVLA, especially when you have already contacted them. Sometimes these computer letters get sent out because the person on the other end of the phone didn’t do their job properly grrr! Sending hugs, Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  13. A week late but here. So sorry about the mess with the DVLA. I can understand you getting upset, I would have too.
    Hope the ironing board has got cleared by now and the coffee stained paper has been put to use.
    Chin up - Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies