Wednesday 19 July 2023

It's WOYWW time! #737-Mostly in the Kitchen.

 

 Hello to all you Woywwers! It's Wednesday again and time, if we can,  Link up with Stamping Ground! (I can't add a link here either) Update!! Yes I can! Hope you are all fit and well. This week I've been crafting in the Kitchen making this wrap-a-round box from a cat food box. (the one I'm copying, was the box my phone came in, which I've decorated) 

I've also been doing all sorts of stuff, nothing whatsoever to do with crafting (motor bikes, more bikes, electric bike, tools and things in the garage, mowing, mending,lights not working etc etc) although, the 'tidying' up of my craft room, is getting along just dandy! I've cleared it all out, I can see the floor and the bench is almost visable too...my bedroom, on the other hand - I can't get in the door! No matter... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (There's a tunnel?) and as I said above... there's always the kitchen! 

 

I was very pleased with how my wrap-a-round box turned out! Definitely going to make another one.

Yesterday was Elizabeth and Bleubeard's, from Altered Book Lovers 10th Aniversary, so have been over the last few weeks making my ATC's for the swap. I used playing cards for a couple...um...I was thinking of doing Alice in Wonderland with the Queen yelling 'Off With Her Head!'

But this one turned out to be a bit too bloody! Shanouki from 'Full Deck Challenge said, 'Turn  Yucky into Yummy' so, I had another go!


Here's a few more that I made for the swap, including the little 'folder pockets' to put them in.

I took these pictures out in the garden and the wind kept blowing them off the table...(which is why a couple of them were left outside over night and got nibbled by a snail) Here's one of the pocket folders. Some had two, three, four or even seven pockets! I loved making them and they are soooo easy.

The one  below has five pockets in all and I used velcro dots to close it, while the one above I used the JourNey lable mounted on card as a stopper

I've also been watching junk journal / Altered Art/ Mixed Media/Glue books etc Youtube vids so made my very first cover by covering a brown envelope in torn book pages (seen below) I then covered it with some tissue paper from W.H.Smith and Mod Podge and added stickers (I do love that 'world' tissue paper, I must look out for something different!)

Here's the torn pages...I used a glue stick to stick them to the brown envelope (and a little bit of collall glue too) 

 ...and to end with....I found this a little bit naughty but quite funny! There really wasn't a need to add the M or the W, was there!

  

 That's it! Have a great week. Happy WoYwW!? I should be able to link, if I use my phone, stand on my head, face west and turn off the WiFi! Thank you for stopping by!!

14 comments:

  1. Jam-packed as ever! Love that wraparound box - the family despair as I am often hoarding boxes of interest to cover and make use of - I am in danger of being overrun. The pocket folder thingie reminds be of a scrapbook project I made, although my version was constructed in a way that you could prop it up and had a display element. Like you I love making mini-books :D. Finally, those signs? Hysterical!
    Happily a bit better for WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that box. It is beautiful. I also LOVE all your ATCs you made for the swap. It's the first time I've seen them up close.

    I decided to do the Junk Journal July, then realized I am not going to have time to do it. I have enough with my daily ICADs.

    That s a very clever book cover. I really like it a lot. Very vintage. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super ATCs!! Great envelopes in which to put them too. I never think of collage and yet I bought a massive dictionary from a Parisien market to cut up for just that . . . .
    I am the same with boxes but as I clear out 'stuff' I am glad to have them, so much easier to sell if the goods are in a box . . .
    I must admit, I didn't realise that PJ was such a hoarder, charity shops are having a field day!
    Enjoy your week
    Christine #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fab to see you here! adidas the contortionist yoga, turning off wi fi and standing on your head work or has your phone and BT shaken hands? Love the ATCs, what a fab collection. The holders are sublime, you've been busy creating and garaging! The wrap around box is fab, is it particularly for something..a great way to give a keepsake or hold something special. I'm a bit concerned that you're working in the kitchen...don't take too much space..leave at least one chopping board size space for food prep and one space next to the kettle for drinks making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back in the fold Spyder. I love your box, how fabulous is that and the paper you used is gorgeous.
    Then I saw the Alice ATC's - being an Alice fan I love them but you had me worried with the Queen and all that blood! scary!
    But then you made me smile again with the man and woman. Great.
    Hugs, Neet 16 xx
    ps glad you liked my owls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! lots going on here today. Sometimes there are other things that need doing and crafting just has to wait. Having said that there are some great projects here today and loving the Wrap around box and all those ATCs, brilliant. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wanted to do that box, it has lables and stickers in it and the moment. The next one will be better as I covered the 'wrap-around' bit with double sided paper that was too thick and wrinckled a bit and it got really sticky with the glue! turned out ok though.

      Delete
  7. Great ATC’s, you can buy index cards a similar size if you like working that size. There are only just under 2 weeks left on the ICAD challenge, but I am happy to keep going if you want to do some xx Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have index cards! (That's a start!) I will have to email you, as I've been over to the challange blog (I think, it might just be another blog!) but am still buffled by what the 'theme' is or where you go to show them off...that's if you do that, maybe you don't.

      Delete
  8. Hi. Good to see you back here. Thanks for visiting. The mam and woman at the end made me chuckle. Anne x 18

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, glad you managed to conquer the technology this week! So much on your desk (and in the kitchen and garden - still giggling about the snail snacking on your ATCs). I love those wrap around boxes - I particularly like the satisfying click of a good magnet closure but find it hard to pull off myself. Love those M?W signs, they're great. Yeah i think my grandson was definitely having a laugh to himself in that photo. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your box and your contortions to link up made me smile. Take care and have a good week
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 7

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your "funny" made me smile. Love all the Alice in Wonderland cards such detail and scrumptiousness. Super box too, so professional. Gosh If I ever see that tissue I'll snap some up it brill. Hugs BJ#15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I keep buying it...there was an offer of buy one get one either free or half price.... WH Smith

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies