Tuesday 4 July 2023

T stands for TUeSdAY....or nearenough!

 AS always I'm late joining The T ParTy over on Bleubeard and Elizabeth's AlTered Book Lovers Blog...but I guess, beTTer laTe than never, or as my old MaThs Teacher used to say, BeTTer Never LaTe... Been quite busy doing stuff like....laying artificial grass over a crumbly path and ripping up old books I found whilst in the attic and the days and nights seem to drift into one long splodge of, nothingness. Above is my cold cup of TEA and some Mod Splodge and the ripped up pages. Might dip all those strips into some cold coffee later!
selfie of me and Lola at the party

I had Lola for the weekend. A few weeks back she was attached by....the vet said....a cat. She was left completely paralysed in both back legs. Lola...she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down- I'll stop there, you know the song. Anyway, as soon as I saw her, I said straight away, that I thought she'd most likely been grabbed and then dropped by a big bird, because there were no scratches to her anywhere except a large claw  gouge in her side and like pin holes further down, and  I mean, a cat couldn't leave a dog  paralysed, even if it was bigger than her! 

Grass. 😱It looks better than it did.

At one point the vet suggested amputating the worse leg😡 and even having her put down. No! 😱 I think I may have said this before... I'll come back to it in a minute...

Views of Party...Lots of food and drink. There was a bouncy slide there too!

Some weeks before I'd been invited to a party, and the evening before, had a message from Caroline, asking if I'd do some face painting in the afternoon of the party, coz there'd be loads of kids. I used to do a lot of Face Painting, decades ago! Dressed as a Clown. So that meant a trip up the ladder and into the Attic... scarrry place. I found my bag... also think I found some woodworm! (must get that seen to, just in case) 

 

 Anyway, Lola loved the party, the kiddies loved Lola and took her off on a trolly for a ride around the field. (See that little red trolly in the picture...oh, let me add quickly that Lola is fully recovered, maybe has the odd drag of one of her feet, but she mangaed to pull Tigger, the large hot water bottle cover, all the way down the hall to the living room. (This is usually the first thing she does when she comes to stay)

Yesterday Caroline nipped round with some flowers as a thank you for doing the Face Painting...and said I had another booking! (as I said to Angela, not what I thought I'd be doing in 2023!)


Above, another cold cup of tea and the start of a pop up card. It's really late so I'd better post this! Pop over to AlTered Book Lovers to see more Tuesday teasers. More tomorrow in WOYWW. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. O my gosh! Poor Lola. I have a chihuahua too. She doesn’t go far from my husband(he says) when he is out and there are two miniature poodles too, but it is a worry. I told him about Lola. I am so glad she has recovered. Is your next booking soon? Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I'm so glad Lola has recovered. I was quite worried as I was reading. I agree that it could well have been a large bird of prey. Lola is not very big so it's quite possible.
    The party looks really nice and you surprised yourself by doing some face painting. That sounds fun. (And you have another booking).
    Nice photo of you (I think the first one I've seen).
    The little bit of artificial lawn looks good. No way you'd get natural lawn there. It now looks neat and tidy.
    Sorry I'm late. Tuesday is a busy day for me.
    Belated happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Lola! Nice selfie of the two of you. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poor puppy! But I’m glad to hear she’s fully recovered. The party looks like it was lots of fun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor sweet dog. So glad she has you and you stood up for her! Glad you both had fun at the party too. Wonderful pictures. Happy T-day!!! Hugz (hugz to Lola too).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies