Tuesday 25 July 2023

Time For Tea Tuesday, Green Bag Day and Happy Mail Day!

 I think Last Weeks T Stands for Tuesday's 10th anniversary went very well! (And no one noticed that one of Jo's ATC swaps she sent me  was a bit warped and slightly nibbled by a snail after being left out all night, so I won't mention it. I also sent off a few more last week via snail mail so hoping for some happy mail probaly by this time next week! The lady at the post office was very mean and wouldn't put nice pretty stamps on the envelope and said it had to have a lable. Dah! Anyway! Above is my half eaten breakfast this morning. Bit Boring but pushed back in a heap behind it you can just spy some Tim Holtz papers that I'm using to make a small journal with. It's not quite finished yet so I'll show it off when it is. 

  Tuesday is green bag day, every two weeks, (or not) they come and collect our garden waste. In spite of all the weeding (Oh my aching back!) and cutting and up rooting) they aren't quite full!  So out with the clippers and the hedge behind had a bit of a hair cut. Looks so much better now.
My 'I'm in the Garden' sign, could do with a bit of a paint. And I'm beginning to think my rainbow window needs to come down...
After having a nag about the post, some happy mail arrived from Jo! (I was up a ladder trying to fix the senor light that won't go off!) All the way from the USA. That was quick! Even the postman said, "That iz pretty envelope, all zee way from America."
A spiderweb ATC...a card, a little sewn shapy thingy, some die-cuts, a sentiment and some lovely stamps on the envelope! Thank you Jo!
That's it from me, don't forget last weeks freebie will be gone by tomorrow. (Mouses Mushroom) I'm off to put a squirt of Deep Heat in my back and have a cup of coffee! (and a choccy biscuit!) Then I'll do a bit of finishing off that journal and will add links so you can make one too! Happy T Day!! Thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Hmm, you need to find a different post office. Cool treasures especially the spiderweb ATC. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post, Lyn! Weeding and work in the garden is always hard, hope your back soon feels better. Enjoy your coffee, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky us — compost collection is weekly, same day as trash and recycle pickup. And it’s reliable, generally. Looks as though you have a lot of yard work!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like cereal for breakfast. I wish our city would pick up garden clippings even once a year. LOL Such nice mail too. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy mail is great even if it’s a label and not a stamp. And that’s interesting you have green bag days. What happens to all the garden bits that they pick up? Perhaps they have a giant compost pile. Your breakfast looks yummy. Hope you’re having a super t day. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mail is great even if it’s a label and not a stamp. And that’s interesting you have green bag days. What happens to all the garden bits that they pick up? Perhaps they have a giant compost pile. Your breakfast looks yummy. Hope you’re having a super t day. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to happy mail nay on the post-lady. Some must hate their job very much...
    I think the green bin (as the always full paper-bin) are collected once a month here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wedding is a constant, just like laundry. I like that green bag.
    The mail looks like a lovely surprise. So many pretty things.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing your not at all boring breakfast and your drink (a smoothie, maybe?).

    You are lucky to have green bags. We have ONE annual cleanup in my neighborhood, so I applaud your city.

    Those stamps on that envelope are OLD and haven't been issued in years and years. Use them in your art, dear. I also like the spider web and the die cuts, too. Thanks for sharing your amazing gifts and your breakfast with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lyn.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun happy mail, can't wait to see your creation with Tim stuff (love him), and glad you had a good week. Our post office is mean like yours - what is up with that? Everyone else gets to do fun postage - not fair to us! Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to receive fun mail. Worth coming down your ladder for.
    Our post mistress doesn't like stamps either, but I sometimes can convince her as I buy lots of stamps from her (for my Postcrossing hobby).
    Sorry for the late reply. As per usual I don't have time on Tuesday.
    A belated happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our local post office used to put labels on so I now take letters requiring stamps to the town where we do our shopping. I know I should 'use it or loose it' but they just weren't helpful. Lovely happy mail! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies