Sunday 20 June 2010

OSAAT's Seeing Double Challenge

Another fabulous response to One Stitch At A Time's last weeks challenge! I'm beginning to think we need a top five, cos it's getting harder and harder to chose! This week's New Challenge over on OSAAT right now is...(a little tinkle on the old Joanna please Jim....)

Seeing Double!!
Now then, that doesn't been you have to rush off and finish off any left over wine first, it just means we simply we want to see two of some thing on your cards, well, at least that's what I think it means!
So, that's easy. I've done, two Giraffes, two panels, two lots of tiny hearts, two lots of Gingham papers, and a cuttlebug diecut square cut into quarters to make... um lots of corners.
So, here's my card. I've used two of Lexi's Creations found over in the Stitchy Bear Stamp Store, and don't forget there's a 'Bundle' Sale going on right now! (Bungle sale now finished)
This one's called Georgina Giraffe (although she's posing as George on my card today) I put her/him in my graphic programme (any simple one like My Craft Studio will do it too) and flipped her over to make two, identical twins!
I've used two slightly different sized blue Gingham papers (available as a freebie, the link is on my side bar) and as you can see by the picture, I've printed the Georgina 'twins' out twice as well, so I could do a little bit of paper piecing and 3D-ing. The extra shading was done using a Promaker pen.
The sentiment is a freebie, from a sheet of baby pictures, feet and words from Mad About Cards
I also couldn't make up my mind how to place the finished Giraffes and decided to fan them out a little bit, which actually lead to how I made the second card I did for this challenge.
The font is also a freebie, I've mentioned it before so you may already have it. It's called Walt Disney Script and is available here
Now then, where is the second card Lyn, you said two? Not here, it'll be here on another post in a little while cos my dinner's burning and the smoke alarms are going off!!
Poor hubby's not well (aw Bless) which is very rare so I'm cooking the Sunday Lunch. (he likes to live dangerously!!)
So, back later to add challenges and take out all the mistakes and wobbly bits!! Thanks for stopping by!


Challenges
Creative Inspirations - one for the boys
Make Up For The Weekend - babies
Craftalicious - Monochromatic
One Stop Crafts - one for the boys
I Did It Creations - be creative
Paperplay - something old (My ribbon)

26 comments:

  1. Wow these are wonderful lyn love em great work hunny

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn
    Gorgeous card, lovely for a baby or twins, beautiful colour, wish I had of waited was over last week buying of the site, trust me.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love this card, its great. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the card is gorgeous and I love the blue (well it is my favourite colour)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are just awesome hun really love the detail and those papers are perfect,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this card and your giraffes are sooooo adorable!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Craftalicious & best of luck

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab Lyn, love it:)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card...it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Lyn,i love your images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Lyn

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous creation Lyn, I love the gingham giraffes! so sweet :) Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet Lyn, a gorgeous card and I just love the gingham!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Lyn :-) gingham works so well for kids cards - well any cards really. Lovely giraffe image.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning hun..love them both
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely, such an adorable card. Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work, Lyn - I love those gingham giraffes (that is quite hard to say out loud!).

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just popping in as I'm searching for giraffe ideas. Your work here is adorable!! I love that paper you've used. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lyn, these cards are so stinkin cute, I love both of them and I got my hand up for the darker stamp up there..deffo looks better in black ;)

    Sorry it's been so long since I had a chance to do me dance, but I am here now and so happy I am...Always enjoyable

    stitch xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet card - those giraffes are adorable!

    Thank you for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooh so you did-and lovely it is too!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhh wowwww this is amazing hunni! georgina looks fabulous i couldnt be more proud :D

    Hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies