Tuesday 15 June 2010

Claire's' New 'We are Moving' Card

This is the card I'd aimed to do for my OSAAT's Design Team card last Sunday, isn't it great!! (well I'm bound to say that) The lovely image was also drawn by Claire Hope Jacare Doodles and it's one of her new releases, (see Sunday's post for the other one) which you'll find over in the Stitchy Bear Stamps Store! but as my camera decided to go on strike over the weekend, you get to see it now, which is just as well as I hadn't quite finished it and then I put it somewhere 'safe' and of course, forgot where!
I'm always doing this. I find strange things in the fridge or airing cupboard that should be somewhere else. (My car keys for instance) They say it has something to do with my age. I park the car and can't find it, so it has this pink Piglet head stuck onto it's aerial which, luckily, my eyesight isn't so bad that I can see over miles of parked cars... and yes... even if there's another car with the same, Pink Piglet head, I know which is mine, owing to the fact that my Pink Piglet lost both his ears, some time ago! (note: the fact that the other car with the pink piglet head, is 1) a different make. 2) a different colour and 3) completely clean and shiny and I have no idea what colour or make my car is anyway, doesn't come into it)
I made the image probably a little too big, but then again, if I was moving, I'd want to surprise everyone with a lovely card...and then not tell them where or when! (This is where I cackle and rub my hands together like an old witch)
There's plenty of room to add moving details inside the card or on the back or even a map, I was thinking of doing this, but laziness over come me so I didn't and in any case, the imaginary place where I'd love to move to, is only inside my head and therefore, there is no map!
The Card's turned out to be a 7X7. Not by design, but by complete accident and me being rubbish at working out how big something will be before I print it out.
I just folded a piece of A4 card so that the back, which stared off being the front, measured this (or a little larger than the image) and then added acetate to the front. (which was the back)
I only added the butterflies because I smudged a bit of the ink I edged the card with onto the image, so after swearing (oh bother!) I thought the butterflies and the peel-offs added a nice touch, instead of the flowers I might have added.
I've coloured the snail with Promaker pens with some Stickles Glitter, although it doesn't show up too well in the photographs.
The papers are the same Freebies I mentioned in my OSAAT's Sunday post, so scroll down if you want the link!
Hi (((wave!!) to new follower Crystal's Crafty Creations Kristen has a fabulous craft room, I'm sooo jealous!! but on a very much more serious side has a link to the Going Grey Challenge- Card for a Child, please take a moment to pop over and read these children's stories and try and join in with the challenge. (take plenty of tissues) Thank you for stopping by.

Challenges
Craftalicious Challenges- New (New Home)
Just us Girls Challenge - Go Digi (Papers and image)
Busy Beauties Creation Station-anything goes
Totally Papercrafts-animal magic (Is a snail an animal?!)
Creative Cottage challenge -Pink

22 comments:

  1. OH WOW I LOVE this design.....Great layout!!! That image is darling what a fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lyn, lovely colours :-) I adore the snail too. The snails in my garden look like that - well they will do after I paint their shels hehehe
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautidful card Lyn

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! You did a lovely job with the coloring and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Lyn - thanks so much! Love all the details - acetate and butterflies are brill! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and such a gorgeous image

    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Craftalicious

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow hun you have done a brilliant job with clares,image,totally love the colours on this great deatail hunny,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card Lynn, just brilliant. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Lynn,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comments! I quite pleased how this one turned out
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lyn
    aww what a great image, luv it, fab colouring & papers, would fit Totally Papercrafts challenge hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh hun of course he is an animal! lol well i say he is! lol,sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahah oh look what i just see!!! Luv it hun, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  14. We paint numbers on our snails, and race them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Lyn. Love the image and so girly to!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our first challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lyn this is fabulous what a great image and just adore your design beautiful work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card and such an unusual colour scheme. Love the pretty pinks.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts, I hope you come back and see us again real soon. Good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTIFUL card! Love the butterfly embellies too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. roflmao - only you could race a snail!!
    Fab card Lyn, thanks for playing along this week with us on Totally Papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Lyn and I loved reading all about how you made it ,, and how you find your car lol :-) Once I parked my car in a multi storey park in a town I didn't know ,, then completely forgot where I left it, couldn't find the car park never mind the car lol :-)

    thanks for joining the TPC Challenge :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies