Tuesday 1 September 2009

A Back to 'Skool' Card For Oscar

Evening Everyone! And a Happy First of September! Just a quickie post tonight, no, honest! Thank you all so much for your kind words yesterday! It's really given me loads more confidence!! So much so, I've already made my card for my first challenge as a DT member! Which is really odd. Me, not only being on time but actually finishing something days before it's needed!! That can only mean one thing or possibly two...1 I'm not me, and someone's snuck in, in the dead of night and is impersonating me or, 2 I'm probably suffering from some kind of dreaded lurgie, as I'm NEVER on time for anything!! In fact, I've been sooo late going to bed some nights I've met myself getting up! (Oh...yeah, that was a mirror image..oho...sooo scary!!) and 3, Aliens paid me a visit again... (It's ok, I am me, I could never count!)
I made this card over the weekend. Tom my son-in-law, had asked me to make a card for little Oscar (a friends little boy, who's a bit like a nephew to him) who will be starting 'big' school next week. Easy I thought, as I knew I had some back to school type papers in my ScrapGirls (the tag) or Scrapwow folders somewhere but then Tom added, 'Can we have a little hedgehog on the front with a little rucksack on his back, carrying an apple?'
So, all last week I was pondering and then late Sunday afternoon just before they wanted to go home, I quickly drew this little hedgehog with a rucksack, carrying an apple for his teacher... I'm really pleased with it. Even though it took a week to think about and then about an hour to do! Penny Black? No, ((shhh!) Loony Lyn...just hope the fraud squad don't come knocking on my door!
The blackboard type freebie papers with writing on, I ended up finding in my Free Digital Scrapbooking paper file, they were just perfect! (The backing paper looks brown here but I may have been low on black ink or blaim it on bad lighting!)
Quick hello to two new followers!! (((Wave)) Janis from South Carolina with a lovely blog call Pause Dream Enjoy and another (((wave)) to Alysabeth from Canada with another fabby blog called Layin' Rubber Ink (who I've been following for a little while too!) pop over and have a look!
Back tomorrow, don't go away!

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, but I don't want to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn, that image is just perfect for a back to school card and your colouring looks fantastic!
    Hugs Lynsey:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun you made me laugh nearly fell of my stool,love this one brilliant hedghog love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hedgehog and card Lyn, and, LOL, if my life is anything to go by, getting your DT cards done early simply means that you'll now have time to lose them before they're needed :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Yes! Susan yYou are sooo right!! I will lose it, I just know I will!! Quick take a picture!! That's what normal people would do, but then I'll forget where I've saved it...or it will save itself in another folder!
    (I'll make two..!)

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi hun, oh what a stunning card , :) love image and papers .
    huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fabulous card, beautiful cute image and fabby papers.
    I'm sure your DT for Sunday will be gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Lyn, he will love the card, and well done on your DT post!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Lyn, love the hedgie card its gorgeous, and definately a lovely card for a little one going back to School, ours go back tomorrow around here. Anyway my love just wanted to let you know that Ive left you an award on my blog I do so hope you will enjoy it. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card...image is just perfect for back to school...he'll love it....I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card he will love it, congratulations on your DT spot.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card... so cute!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh Lyn,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much detail - that is beautiful! I love the colours. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lyn
    Great card - love the image. I have left a little something for you over on my blog.
    TTFN
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is a fantastic card. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, you do not need to use images from the crafty pad to join in with the challenges and if you win, you get a fab Crafty Pad stamp from Debbie. Take care Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies