Friday 9 August 2024

Happy Birthday Oliver- 9 today!!

 

It's my grandson's Birthday today, Happy Birthday Ollie! So I made a card, the first one in ages... I think I said on Wednesday that I was getting him two Lego cars, a Mclaren Formula 1 racing card, which he already has, as Amazon didn't have any til 2nd of September, so Emma nipped out and got it from Argos, Winchester and I nipped out and got a Lamborghini racing car from the local toy shop, who were really helpful.

I also said on Wednesday that I wasn't sure what to do for a card... dinosaurs or Lego...He had Dinosaurs on last years card, so I really wanted to do something with Lego...So, that's what I did.
I wrapped the present in dinosour paper and made a matching tag, and then made a Lego card. The only thing was, all the smaller Lego 
(more 'grown-up' Lego) is deeply hidden under Lord Knows what, up in the Attic...but all the Dulo and Fabuland Lego is under the bed in the spare room... So, that was easy! Poured it all out, made sure there was a Number 9 showing somewhere, took a few pictures, scanned them in and voila! Printed them all out and fitted my new 'Lego Papers' to the card.

That bit was very easy, but I wanted to do a reveal wheel card on the front...So, using my Lawn Fawn dies cuts...(hours later) yes well, I think I cut out enough to make four or five cards and for some reason the opening wouldn't open! (I must've glued the wrong bit!) So I stopped and played with Loki for a while, then made another one... it was a bit wonkey, but it worked! Yay!
 Loki with his chew

So! That's one Lego Birthday Card made. You should see the mess!

That's it for today! Loki and I are off out for a nice walk! And are hoping to take pressy to grandson. Thank you for stopping by! 

Mostly, Fabuland Lego Bricks

Challenges

pennyschallenges.-Anything Goes (paper)

thepapershelter.-anything-goes.

avenue613.-anything-goes, optional- easy living

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card! I love the paper you designed for your grandson card and the design too!, so clever. Lego a great choice and you can't go wrong either way. My nephew loves lego too. He's always been a ninjago fan but it's a challenge to find something different every year. ' I'm a big dino fan too and loved the card you made last year too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Of course, I love Lego too...which is probablt why I have so much of it, even after letting the grandkiddies have a huge box of it many years back...

      Delete
  2. You folks are so creative. I wish I have the skills and ideas to do something like this. I think I'll stick to gardening and cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and YOU have an amazing blog too!!

      Delete
  3. Very very creative card. I do hope your grandson loved it. Love the way you have made custom paper. Thanks for linking up with us over a Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jana. Oliver did love his card but was really too engrossed at buliding his new Lego racing cars!

      Delete
  4. Great job, he will adore it!
    We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please do come back again!
    The very best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I will try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great designed colourful card. Your grandson will love it!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

T Stands for Tuesday

Grab button for Second on the 2nd

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies