Friday 6 December 2013

It's A Wrapped Up Bug!

Well, I haven't done very well trying to join in with Bugaboo's challenges all this week, but there's still time! a few hours (it's changed from 1 day to 5 days, ohooo I can make something else!) Here's my second go. The second challenge, which started last Monday, was to show off something 'gift wrapped.'
 I decided to make some tree hangings. I wanted something to put those little chocolate coins in. The normal net bags they come in, don't look very nice on the tree and are usually so heavy they tip it over!  (Well, maybe not, but the bough bends down quite a bit!)
The plan was, I'd make loads, (using up all sorts of scraps coz it's quite small) and not just for the tree. I thought they'd also make a nice change from the normal place name cards. The persons name could go just above where the digi is. (everyone gets a different digi) and everyone would get a little surprise,  tiny chocolates, some mints, little toy or anything else you can fit into the little bag, which has been fixed to the inside of the triangle.
 My only problem was, how to seal it up so that it didn't fall open once hung on the tree....(which is when I had the idea of using them as  place names instead) then the weight of whatever goes inside, doesn't have to be taken into consideration.
In the end, I've used a brad, I did try Velcro, but the 'sticky side' wasn't sticky enough and came unstuck. So I tried gluing the Velcro...and touch wood....that has worked so far..(I left the brad in, seeing I'd already made the hole!)
I've lost the front of the paper stack I used but I'm guessing it's Dovecroft/ TrimCraft. I've had it years...  and of course the digi image is Bugaboo, coloured with Promarkers. He's called  Christmas Bear/ bear candy cane.  As I haven't got the right pairing up Nestabilities to make it look nice and layered, I've used a Woodware punch and then two of the same size Nesties, then just twisted them slightly to make it look like the red and white candy cane. I've added ribbon and a bow and lastly added some Dovecraft glitter. 
Sorry for any smelling mistakes...my spell checker isn't working...I get....please try again later. I mean?? Dah. Has it gone out on a date? It's a spell checker, where could it go? 
New Follower! Hi and a big ((wave)) to  Victoria, who has loads of blogs but I've picked this Heart of a wizardess 
That's it for now....it's already tomorrow, but I'll add this to yesterday, seeing that's when I started it! Thank you for stopping by!
(Up date.... Spell check is on and letting me know, velcro has a capital V, so I've changed it... smart arse computer)
Challenges
Catch The Bug-(Monday's Challenge) Gift Wrapped
ABC Challenge - A is for it's almost Christmas
I love Promarkers-For a Child
 Clear it out-Anything Goes
Make It Monday- Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Very cool idea Lyn. I'm thinking I could make something like this to put the GD's earrings in and then hang on the tree so they won't get lost UNDER the tree.
    Thanks for sharing
    I think spell check ran off with my refresh button........LOL
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little make Lyn! I love the image & the gorgeous papers!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn, This is so cute. I love it. It will make someone very happy. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A FAB IDEA LYNNE ,I MAY HAVE TO " BORROW" ..THIS ONE ,LOVE THE IMAGE ITS SO CUTE
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete

  5. Another fabulous Christmas project, Lyn. Love your treat bag So glad you joined us in our ABC Holiday Chaos challenge at Catch The Bug. :) Becky G Bugaboo DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - so cute! Your whole post made me smile. You are too funny! Especially the spell checker joke LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute, great idea, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute - I love the idea!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Holiday Chaos Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our newe THEME Challenge that starts tomorrow! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies