Monday 26 August 2013

Another Quirky Bug Xmas Card

I've just finished this card as one of my reminders for my challenge, which is going on over on Quirky Craft Challenge blog as I type! It's Christmas in August with a twist as you have to include a few things from a cheesy wheel. So here's my third card using a bugaboo image. Non traditional Colours, Triangles,  and Christmas Charm.
I've used Knobby Knees Christmas sack printed him out twice, coloured with promarkers, added a bit of white with a gel-pen, used a die cut to cut out one of the images, losing a tiny bit of the sack, fixed it to a silver matt card and then I covered that one with another image, but cut off all the skinny and the stick, hair, legs, arms and neck!
 I know there's this super clever way of die cutting and leaving a bit that  goes outside the die-cut, and snipping round it, but I find that quite hard to do as I don't have the extra plates/mats for my Big-Shot, and it's a bit hit and miss if I can cut it out first time, so it's easier (I think ) to just cut out another image and stick it over the top! 
 So the top image is also without the hat pom-pom, hair, one of his feet, a tiny bit of hand and the round bit of the furthest away 'sleeve'. I would've cut off the bits of ribbon too, but had coloured them in different colours, so didn't! I've also added, some 'stitching' using a fine purple pen, silver corner peel-offs and a snowflake Christmas charm.
The ribbon 'rosette' embellishment, with gems and pearls already added, I've had for years, it's part of a pack of six. It sticks out quite a bit, so will need extra care when posting. 
 The snowflake ribbon I found in a local store, I also added eye-lash wool.  I've placed the topper so it looks as though there's more triangles. The inside I've left blank but with a place to write something, using the same die-cut and also missed out using a sentiment. All the papers are by Pink Petticoat, in Blue Berry or Blue Bell. That's it! I'll add this to yesterdays reminder post over on Quirky Crafts! Thank you for stopping by!
Challenges
   Hobby House-Christmas
Promarker challenge-theme (Fav Colour combo) Lilacs/Purlpes
2 Sisters- Square Cards **
Craft-room Challenge-Something new  (The digi is new to me
 Created with love-Anything goes
Digi Stamps 4 Joy-Anything goes
 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image and your colors. I love non traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Created With Love Challenges.
    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I love this cute image. your card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas card! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another beautiful card think you are on a roll with your cards for Xmas, thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House for our Christmas Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card, love the image and the embellis you have use!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card it is fantastic. Love your colors and the layout too.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    Such a cute Christmas Card! Very cute Stamp. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  10. another lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the colours! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hobby House this month, good luck and hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies