Sunday 15 July 2012

It's Quirky Christmas...In July!

Hi guys, it's that Quirky Challenge time again. It's my turn to set the theme and at the time of typing I wasn't sure what to do... Something summery and hot? (ha ha ha) or...something freezing and wintry?? (Hmmm?) So after checking out some of the digi's our sponsors Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps were offering the Design Team to play with, it just had to be.....
Christmas In July!
So here's my first card. Yay, I've made two. Show you the other one later. I've used Busted from our sponsors. (I love that dog!! Grrrrr!)
I printed the Santa out two or three times so I could do a bit of decoupage. The top half of his body and head has been 3D-ed over the main image w
hich had been printed straight on to the blue 'snowy' paper (Scrapbook Wow). I coloured him with ProMarkers, using those thin nibs on the tiny fiddly bits.
The Christmas flowers I've had for years, along with the 'gel' sentiment, 'I love Santa' (It's the dog who loves Santa!)
The Christmas Tree and Holly papers are from a Christmas pack by Dovecraft, as is the sticky ribbon, which matches. I'm sure the red dotty paper comes from Hot Of The Press.
The epoxy brad come from a Forever Friends 'Cosy Christmas' set. The little bit of snow netting, is from my stash.
I finished off with a Memory Box die-cut in a gold, mock stitching, a Martha Steward border punch along the Christmas tree paper and a sprinkling of micro glitter on Santa's fluffy bits!
In side I've added a sentiment using a Woodware punch.
The Freebie Font is called Elastic Wrath and you can download it HERE
It only has letters, no extras like question marks, numbers or anything else. That's it for now. Pop over to Quirky Crafts and join in!
Challenges
Totally papercrafts-lots of layers
Joyfulstamper Inspire me Fridays -anything goes
One stitch at a time-Anything goes WINNER!
Let's create challenges-decoupage
Trulymadlycrafty-July challenge- must have animal (dog)
Totally gorjuss -it's Christmas in July
Ladybugscraftsinkchallenge-Christmas in July
Creative inspirations paint- Christmas in July
Stamped-blessings- Christmas in July
Jellyparkchallenges-christmas-in-july
Divas by design-Christmas-in-July
Forever friends Christmas in July (plus animal)
Robynsfetish-Christmas in July

23 comments:

  1. Aargh! this is the second time someone has mentioned the C-word online in the last 5 mins!! I refuse to start thinking about it until October

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card Lyn! I particularly like the swirly gold bits :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.... Fabulous card love the santa and the layout is fantastic. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn,

    Very cute card! I really missed WOYWW this week. I've been sickly but am getting better. I dug out my acrylic paints yesterday and made a canvas - that helped boost my spirits.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. That time is fast approaching isn't it? Great card there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That is a cute, funny, pretty card! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute card. Very nicely made. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Let's Craft & Create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card.

    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Lyn, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! Perfect for our Challenge at One Stitch at a time, thank you for sharing and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lyn, oh fab card! Love the image and your colours / embellishments are perfect for Christmas.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous Lyn, what a fun santa! love this design!!
    hugs!

    Thanks so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL>.. well it made me smile!!! This would be great for a pperson with a sence of humor!

    Thanks for joining the Divas this week


    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Lyn. The look on Santa's face is priceless. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and lovely design . Thank you for joining us at OSAAT . Trisha DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helloooooo remeber me,lol!
    Loving your card Lyn made me lol at Santas face.
    Hope all is well in your part of the hemisphere.
    Thanks for joining in over atTRULY Madly Crafty this month and good luck.
    hugs n stuff
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun image. Love your flowers. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a jolly Santa and fab papers
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this month
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous xmas card, love that image. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun card and image! Thaanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week. Glad you entered!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just stopping by after seeing your card over at One Stitch at a Time, Congrats! :o) love your card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies