Wednesday 17 February 2010

My third week on WOYWW!

It's Wednesday again... where does the week go??? Yep, it's my third week on 'What's on Your Work-desk' and there's not much going this week. I didn't tidy my draws but I've been busy, so of course I haven't been tidy, but on saying that, it's not as bad as it usually gets!!
The pink card in front I started last night. My printer's running out of ink so I only printed out half a page of Pink Petticoat Grandma's Wall paper, it makes the pattern a little smaller too. I put it back into the printer while I tried to find a negative/positive paper to match, but got distracted. Had an email from the Crafts-On-the Net-forum... and a link to their latest freebie magazine and papers to download, so I popped over to have a look. Loved the papers and forgot I already had printed paper in the printer and ended up with the papers you see on the pink card. It's actually RED, with a little white and yellow (you can just see that on the cut paper) but because I'm running out of ink and the fact that it's printed over a Pink Petticoat pattern, it's come out all PINK. I really like it and only hope I can do it again! Now all I have to do, is think of what to do with it... shame to cover it up!! A big flower and a bit of ribbon maybe??
On the rest of my desk is the compulsory cup of tea, still hot! A half eaten chocolate bar and some atc's I was sending out but might not now, not sure they're good enough! It's supposed to be just using your scraps, I'm not sure half a teddy and some tiny bits of Christmas paper will be enough.
There's also some lovely 'love' ATC's I received today from Card Making Downloads forum.. (they got these from me) AND a waterfall card I was trying to do for ScrapbookingMad's Competition this month...(I get those two muddle up!!) but that's when the printer started drying up. Sometimes it makes lovely colours but other times... not so good!!
After watching some Video's on YouTube last night, I've now 'mastered' layering on my Bamboo. This is my first attempt. It's supposed to be an alien landscape.
Freebies today?? Yes. Pink Petticoat link on my side bar, some lovely lemon papers, don't forget to link back to their blog if you make something and join in with their latest competition. Bug a boo Stamps. Cute images, pop over to their blog and enter their challenge, I might use one on this card! And Dustin Pike is offering freebie Owls for you all to make a card for a little girl called Delia.. more infro on his blog.
New Follower!! Big (((wave))) and Hi to Tamara!! No link on the pic but will put the link in later so you'll all be able to pop over and say hello!!

16 comments:

  1. That paper was quite the serendipitous discovery! Murphy's Law dictates that you couldn't have made it like that if you tried!! Thanks for the freebie links etc.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink paper looks fab, but you so know you will never be able to create it again,but at least you can say its unique! Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink paper looks fab, but you so know you will never be able to create it again,but at least you can say its unique! Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Brenda - the paper won't ever be the same..not least coz you have to have a new cartridge!! It worries me that you can only eat half a bar..are you ill? ANd are you going to alter that remote/hide it forever/ return it so others can exercise choice?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Not too bad this week love all the stamps too hand, mine is in a plastic container and its always a rummage to find the stamp that you want to use. Scallop card looks great and lovely pink colour.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks great but you know you will never be able to recreate that paper don't you

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that paper turned out great - happy accident!!! I was looking for what I thought was a mucky mug last week LOL!!! I'm with Julia - who only eats half a chocolate bar???

    Spying some lovely punches in the background.

    Thanks for the heads up on the freebies btw.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your stamps are right in front of you....It's a long time since I bought anything off C&C...in fact I was trying to remember and it might have been when the Gruesome Twosome (Alan & Barry - no offence meant!) were on there with some corner punches!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lyn this is no mess darling its just creativity in motion, pop round mine and I'll show you mess the places the camera never reaches !! lol
    Thanks for the tip on cleaning up my SG spilage and yes your right good job I didn't fall a sleep at the desk !! lol I do spend enought time at the desk ...it will happen one day lets hope theres no glue around !! lol
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh hun your card loks fab and so do those papers love the scalloped edge to it too,great lot of stamps you have there hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to have a peep into your world Lyn. :) Love your little stamp shelves. They look really handy. :) Loving your background it's brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, It's lovely to visit your crafting space. Your stamp storage is great - such a decorative way to display them.
    I love the pink paper!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waaaaw - that alien landscape is fantastic!

    Thank you for showing us your desk :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sweetheart, Im sure you will get there in the end, and im sure you are finding lots of things that have been missing for awhile. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great looking desk and a fab looking card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes Shirley!! Finding all sorts! I'll be saving your card for NEXT Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies